• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone work with a CNC machine?????

mako my day

NAXJA Forum User
I need a connection, hopefully local, but I could outsource if needed.

I have the plans and specs for 40 pieces (test run) to be made out of aluminum. This could be easy money for the CNC operator. Let me know!

Last edited:
I don't know. Whats the machine that you load a drawing into, set an aluminum block in it, press a button, and it starts cutting, grinding, drilling, etc?

I have the material, and the iges files. Just need a first run of 50 done to build up and test. We have the cash for an order of 250.

If it's mostly square in shape you want a mill... If it's mostly round in shape you want a lathe.

Also might want to let us know what program/version you got the IGES file from. And if you can, have it output in DXF format, as it's a little more universal.

Last edited:
it's a solid model, 3d profiling on a mill. dxf would be useless for this project for the most part.
parasolid usually works better anyways as it maintains arcs, at least for masterscam. iges shows it all as splines for some reason. that blows.

Pm me the details.

I work a 4 axis mill and a lathe with live tooling.

If the juice is worth the squeeze im in.

If not then get in line. Everyone wants cheap machine shop work, with 2-5 shop closing auction notices a day showing up in the mail I see what cheap gets ya. The times they are a changin.

Back