• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a shift boot

CharlieMopps

NAXJA Forum User
Figured out that the plastic bezzle holding down the shift boot is what was making my shifter pop out of revers all the time. So I've decided to just pull the center console... But I'm having a heck of a time finding a Shift boot that will work. I can currently see the road through the whole in my floor... lol

Anyone have any suggestions on what would make a good boot for my shifter?

I've heard that the newer TJ's (03?-06) had a vinyl stitched shift outer boot that looks like leather and fits the same opening, and looks alot better than the stock rubber one. Is it a stock manual tranny?, and you'll need to get an inner shift boot to seal the outside out.

Manual Tranny. The problem is I'm getting rid of the console. So I don't want something that fits the stock slot. I want something I can mount right to the sheet metal hump in the floor. I don't care if it's leather or nice looking. I'd actually prefer some sort of tractor-style rubber boot.

I went to the local farm implament dealer and they had nothing.

Figured out that the plastic bezzle holding down the shift boot is what was making my shifter pop out of revers all the time. So I've decided to just pull the center console... But I'm having a heck of a time finding a Shift boot that will work. I can currently see the road through the whole in my floor... lol

Anyone have any suggestions on what would make a good boot for my shifter?

how does the plastic beezel make it pop out of reverse?

did you modify the console? is the trans mount worn? what has moved to make the beezel push it out of gear.

It's an entirely different transmission.

I don't want to move the transmission just so I can have a plastic console. The things 20 years old anyway. I just want to find a boot I can mount to the floor and will over the shifter.

Back