• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oem headlight connector pics

sickandtwisted

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to see some pic of the connectors and harness to stock headlights...The P/O installed a Xentec HID kit and open beam housings and i am considering reverting back to stock...i got other lighting ideas in store :sunshine:

thx in advance :worship:

lmgtfy

its a standard h4 connector.. looka likea this
5407hl__73003_zoom.jpg

Usually if its a proper kit what they do is plug into the factory harness to then trigger a relay hooked up to the battery or a better power source to allow higher amperage to the lamp, Without messing with the factory harness.

Last edited:
Thx, but I am actually looking to see more the location of the connector than what it looks like.

I have not found any cut wires yet, so i am hoping the harness is in tact. I have only found a smaller connector that I'm thinking may attach to a adapter or jumper that goes to the H4

The HIDs seem to be connected in the fashion you described I just cannot find the H4 plugs to revert to stock

Are you talking about the main connector for the factory light harness, or the stock headlight plugs?

The main harness passes through a circular opening in the sheetmetal on the driver's side, and runs along the bottom of the header panel. The headlight plugs should be at or near the buckets. If you can't find them, trace the stock wiring starting at the driver's side, and work your way across.

Pics aren't great, but you can see the main connector for the factory harness. Lower driver's side, blue and black.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/AHhub/forum stuff/DSCF5569.jpg

Factory lighting harness. All one unit, signals/markers/headlights. Main plug on the right of the pic, factory headlight plugs right next to it.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/AHhub/Jeep stuff for sale/DSCF5393.jpg

Last edited:
pm sent, i Think I have an extra stock headlight harness complete plug to plug laying in my garage if i did not toss it last weekend. I will let you know when I get home.

John

Back