• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear & Pinion Installer?

XJ_Matt

NAXJA Forum User
I've just moved from SoCal up to the NorCal area couple weeks ago. We went up to Knoxville last week with my cousin and friends where i broke a few teeth off my ring gear. I want to get my XJ fixed but shops like 4 wheel drive specialties want 350 an axle for install. I simply cant afford this right now since i am not working yet and cant get work without my XJ getting fixed. I was hoping someone knows of somebody in the area who can setup the gears that i have already bought.

Check with Ryan (Rawbrown) he is doing my axles and has my jeep now. He lives down near San Diego in Encinitas. I know U said in the area, but he has good prices, I don't mean to quote a price from him, but he charged me $150/axle to gear and lock them. He might be a bit busy getting my jeep done right now, but check with him. Many 4x4 shops want close to $500 or more to do that.
Troy

Where in the bay area do you live? Another member on here got his done down in the south bay for $150 an axle if you bring them the axle only. Slightly more to do it with the axle in the Jeep I think.

Back