• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow Speed front end noise

sic3335

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished installing a 4.5 inch lift on 33's on my 00' XJ Classic. Still needs an alignment but just putting around the neighborhood to see how it drove, there was some noise coming from the front end from 1mph to about 10mph then it stops and rides fine. I've checked and tightened EVERYTHING three times and greased up the control arms and anything else that needed it. Any ideas? I installed the 2 inch TC drop kit that came with it so I don't believe it would be the drive shaft but could be wrong. I'm waiting to get a Go Pro to mount and see if I can figure it out but any ideas would be helpful. I've seen similar posts but most seem to have the issue at higher speeds or only when turning. Also, there is no noise when I go in reverse, only in drive. Thanks in advance.

Are you hearing lug slap from the new tires ?

Still have a low pinion axle ? With a low pinion axle, and 4.5" of lift, an SYE is not optional.

Are you hearing lug slap from the new tires ?

Still have a low pinion axle ? With a low pinion axle, and 4.5" of lift, an SYE is not optional.
Thanks for the reply.

1. What is lug slap?
2. I'm not home from work yet to check but all signs point to it being low pinion being a 2000. That's a bummer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back