• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

popping noise from left front when turning the wheels & accelerating and stopping

obxing

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

I just bought a 89 XJ and had the upper and lower ball joints and track bar replaced (DW Problem) and I am still having a popping sound when I turn the wheels. Also when I accelerate and brake hard it pops as well. any suggestions would be great.

Re: popping noise from left front when turning the wheels & accelerating and stopping

You did check the front axle u-joints while the ball joints were replaced, didn't you? That is where I would start looking, unless you already checked them out.

Re: popping noise from left front when turning the wheels & accelerating and stopping

Check your TRE's and double check trackbar. Sometime steering boxes also pop when heavily worn out.

You did check the front axle u-joints while the ball joints were replaced, didn't you? That is where I would start looking, unless you already checked them out.

X2 on the axle U-joints

Back