• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May Moab Run

formatt

NAXJA Forum User
Just got home from Moab with the usual Colorado Chapter crew... In attendance:

Tracy (mingo)
Led
Jeff (planefixer)
Justin (jrsxj98)
Joey (xjk9bar1)
Tony (tonesxj)
Aaron (big.xj.flames)
Joe (Crash AF)
JohnJohn (johnjohn)
Terry (MMIXJ)
and myself

Had a really kickass time... ran into an issue that I needed to deal with (my stupid mistake) on the new rigs' maiden voyage but afterwards, it wheeled perfect. It really couldn't have performed any better than what it did. New rig and wheeling with a bunch of really good friends... definitely makes all those nights working til 3:00 am worthwhile.

Tony and Jeff headed out early on Monday with the rest of us falling in on Wednesday and Thursday.

Due to a strict and tight trail schedule (waking up late and leaving even later on a daily basis... pinche trail schedule), we just sort of picked and choosed what we wanted to run depending on how everyone was feeling that morning and the weather (which was complete chit). If you haven't guessed, it was REALLY laid back. No schedule, no attitudes, lots of harrasing, plenty of man sodas and some clever sticker work. Tony and Jeff ran Hells and messed around on Gold Bar Rim on Tuesday. Once everyone was in town, Area BFE, Pritchett, Fins and Things, Hells again, Poison Spider and Coyote were all ran or in the process of being run when I left.

I'm sure others will drop in with their photos. Here are a few of mine. I'm definitely no photographer. After a while, I just sort of stopped taking pics. There were so many camera's around and pics being taken that I quit. I'm sure others will have a lot better shots than I do. Mostly I just wanted to start a thread so others can post their stuff up as they roll back into town.

If someone can edit down a video and host it, I'll send it your way (it's huge so if you think you can work with it instead of know you can, I'd just assume not send... I only want to send out once due to the size). The guys on the trip know EXACTLY what vid I'm talking about... freakin' awesome! :)

Sorry Jeff and Joey... no real pics of your rigs. Everything I got of you two was video. I'll throw them on a disc and send them your way. For the record, there are three green XJ's to confuse people.. Tony, Justin and JohnJohn. All built fairly the same.

Aaron

IMG_2920.jpg

Led

IMG_2921.jpg

JohnJohn and Tony

IMG_2924.jpg

Tony

IMG_2930.jpg

JohnJohn

IMG_2934.jpg

Aaron

IMG_2936.jpg

Tony

IMG_2942.jpg

JohnJohn

IMG_2943.jpg

Justin

IMG_2966.jpg

Jefferson

IMG_2983.jpg

Justin, Tony and Joey

IMG_2984.jpg

Tony and I heading out of town this morning...

IMG_2998.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few randoms, I will get a ton more posted tomorrow. Had a great time with the crew!

PS
moab7196.jpg

Formatt
moab7185.jpg

Joey and Matt
moab7172.jpg

Rocker Knocker
moab7142.jpg

moab7140.jpg

Justin (Rocker Knocker)
moab7132.jpg

Joey
moab7125.jpg

Tracy on Prichett
moab7112.jpg

"Baronen'"
moab7110.jpg

AA on Widowmaker
moab7087.jpg

Led on RK
moab7120.jpg

Jeff on Tipover Challenge
moab7082.jpg

Playing around on GBR
moab7055.jpg

moab7040.jpg

Last edited:
soooo f*&%&^$&*$*&$ jeliouso looks like it was a blast I have had pinion angle issues that I need to fix or I would have made the trip Matt give me a call ran over my cell and lost some numbers..Henry

Yep, I definitely wish I'd have been able to make this trip. :mad: Looks like you all had a great laid-back time.

How'd the Truggy do with the new axles and all? Looks great!

Widowmaker is really dug out - I don't remember it being that tall......

Any carnage from the "event"?

Troy.. widowmaker was sooo dugout! Led just barely made it. Everyone gave it hell though.

Joey flopped on rockpile's bypass but the damage is soooo minor. if it wasn't pointed out to you, you'd never know it.

YELLAHEEP said:
Yep, I definitely wish I'd have been able to make this trip. :mad: Looks like you all had a great laid-back time.

How'd the Truggy do with the new axles and all? Looks great!

Widowmaker is really dug out - I don't remember it being that tall......

Any carnage from the "event"?

Very laid-back.. It was a great vacation.

The Truggy's shock mounts ripped off after the out of Prichett, Terry blew a shock clean off, Aaron broke a U-joint, and Jeff had to get a new battery on Tuesday, Tracy had to rebuild his steering. Other than that we were good to go!
Credit to Led for finding such a "nice" place to add stickers to our rigs. :)

Last edited:
great pics tony!! :)

hold on.. I didn't know terry tore a shock off! I gotta give the guy credit... for wheeling with some random AT's on some of that stuff, he did a damn good job (other than when Led was screaming at him telling him to run him over). :D

tonesxj said:
The Truggy's shock mounts ripped off after the out of Prichett, Terry blew a shock clean off, Aaron broke a U-joint, and Jeff had to get a new battery on Tuesday, Tracy had to rebuild his steering. Other than that we were good to go! :)

Sounds like it was a rippin' good time.

Back