• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

load control springs??

Red2000

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever used these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...7ff3afbed&rvr_id=&ua=WVF?&itemid=370197118581

They are the springs that go over your rear shocks. I would be concerned about the stress the might put on the shock mounts. I used to work with a guy that had them on his Tacoma and the back end seemed to sit higher then my Tacoma and the truck rode really nice. (99 ext cab to a 97 single cab so i didnt think judging by eye is a fair comparison, i dont work with him or have my truck anymore either) I would love to be able to pick up a little height and weight capacity for $20. Please lend your opinions and if you have experience your the one i really want to hear from.

I'm not impressed by the spring clamps. I bought a set years ago, clamped them on and crushed a shock tube, so I tossed them.

Ron

Air spring assists are the way to go as far as I am concerned. I've had them on two cars and they make the normal suspension into a real load carrier. And for non-load conditions, they are adjustable. In the past, they were cheapest at summit. I don't bother with the air compressor and gages. The one that plugs into my cigarette lighter works just fine.

Back