• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Hollow, May 2015

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Located in the St. George / Hurricane / Washington area in the state of Utah, this is hands down the coolest hard core rock crawling I've ever done.
A bunch of Canadian rock crawler guys I've competed with have an annual Moab trip in May, and decided for their 10th year, to try a new location.
I invited myself, and it worked out super well.
Now, onto the pics...
Day 1 we went and did some wheeling on some private land.

dsc_0569.jpg

dsc_0575.jpg

dsc_0589.jpg

dsc_0594.jpg

Cacti were in full bloom -
dsc_0601.jpg

dsc_0604.jpg

dsc_0610.jpg

dsc_0001.jpg

dsc_0009.jpg

Days 2 through 4 were spent in Sand Hollow, a Utah state park. The best $10/day I've ever spent. Clean public bathrooms, gravel staging area, lake/reservoir access, friendly staff, and no one stole any of the $$$ tools and spare parts I had in the bed of my truck. The land is specifically designated for recreation. Within the park, if you can drive your ______________ there, its legal to drive your ____________ there. They rented pontoon boats, jet skis, ski boats, quads, sand rails, side by sides, and even had a snack shack.
We saw folks riding horses, folks out taking pictures of the plants / sand dunes, and everyone was respectful to everyone else.
Oh, and it has some of the most bitchin terrain I've ever driven.
Day 2 -
Trail called 'Nasty Half'
dsc_0023.jpg

dsc_0025.jpg

dsc_0031.jpg

dsc_0050.jpg

dsc_0057.jpg

dsc_0066.jpg

dsc_0077.jpg

dsc_0088.jpg

dsc_0091.jpg

Day 2 -
Trail called 'Joint Effort'
dsc_0093.jpg

Poseur Shot!
dsc_0099.jpg

dsc_0100.jpg

dsc_0103.jpg

dsc_0109.jpg

dsc_0112.jpg

Day 3,
Trail called 'Arrowhead'
dsc_0114.jpg

dsc_0120.jpg

dsc_0122.jpg

dsc_0132.jpg

dsc_0137.jpg

dsc_0142.jpg

Trail called 'Chain Reaction' followed by a trail called 'Smurfette'. I didn't take very many photos on those trails apparently.
dsc_0151.jpg

dsc_0153.jpg

dsc_0159.jpg

Day 4 -
Went looking for some trails, and kinda drove on stuff that it looked like no one had ever driven. But that is part of what made this trip so cool.
dsc_0165.jpg

dsc_0168.jpg

dsc_0171.jpg

We ran part of a trail called 'Milt's Mile' later on that day, but then got off that.
dsc_0174.jpg

Once getting off that trail, we found this cool deal, and drove it, then picked our own path back to the trucks.
dsc_0177.jpg

dsc_0178.jpg

dsc_0179.jpg

That cool deal is called the chute. It's technically after upper chain reaction. We usually do that then afterwords run down smurfette trail. There's a bunch of awesome trails there. I love that place, I try to spend as Mich time as I can there. Now you've motivated me to get the crawler up and going again.....thanks!

Back