• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door locks

My 94 Cherokee sport has the power lock option. Only problem is that when i get into the jeep and start it, the door locks lock. I thought this was supposed to happen after you put it in gear. Any one have an idea how to fix it. Thanks.

i had a 99 oldsmobile Alero that did that.. it was programable.. the owners manual had the info.. does your rig have an aftermarket alarm or remote starter that could be programmed to do it? i have not heard of something so "old" having that option from the factory.. but i could be wrong.. that was inspired by the "anti-carjacking" hysteria a while back.. if you just bought it, dealers usually remove or disable aftermarket accesories since remotes often get lost...
mike

if you can get info off the remote unit you can usually get replacement remotes from the manufacturer or even an installation shop that carries that brand..
mike

Its a programable thing. The aftermarket junk under the dash is controlling it. You can either get the manual for the junk or remove it completely. I'd go with the option 2. I am a parts manager at a dealership and I cant tell you how many of those go bad a the street much less offroad. If it decides to shut down offroad, you had better be able to remove it because you wont get home without removing it from the wiring harness. (you cant just unplug the module)

Rabbit

ryurabbit said:
Its a programable thing. The aftermarket junk under the dash is controlling it. You can either get the manual for the junk or remove it completely. I'd go with the option 2. I am a parts manager at a dealership and I cant tell you how many of those go bad a the street much less offroad. If it decides to shut down offroad, you had better be able to remove it because you wont get home without removing it from the wiring harness. (you cant just unplug the module)

Rabbit
Hi Rabbit. You were right. I took out the aftermarket remote starter and there has'nt been a problem since. (touch wood) Thanks.

Back