• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 drums and shoes

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Are all drums created euqal? or not?

There is PG Plus
There is Raymold

And shoes:
SuperStop
PG Plus
Raymold

And they shoes exist in 1 3/4" and 2.5"

What is the actuall differnce between all those? does anyone know? For one are the more expensive drums really worth the $$? and the shoes?? and also which shoes does the D44 take? 1.75" or 2.5" ?
Thanks

The more expensive drums have two advantages over the off-shore crap: (1) they're round, and (2) they're balanced.

Shoes are a matter of preference. The D44 takes 10"x2-1/2" shoes. The 1-3/4" shoes will fit, but if you use them you're giving away braking swept area and not saving any money. I've been using Autozone house brand shoes in my '88 with the 10"x1-3/4" and I'm not happy with the braking. Awhile ago someone suggested I try the Raybestos premium shoes. I have them here, just haven't gotten them installed yet.

Kejtar said:
Are all drums created euqal? or not?

There is PG Plus
There is Raymold

And shoes:
SuperStop
PG Plus
Raymold

And they shoes exist in 1 3/4" and 2.5"

What is the actuall differnce between all those? does anyone know? For one are the more expensive drums really worth the $$? and the shoes?? and also which shoes does the D44 take? 1.75" or 2.5" ?
Thanks
I put in a set of Raybestos PG plus?? excellent pads. I would think thier shoes would be of the same quality.

Back