• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ no Start Fuel issue?

Tonyt22

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have a 93 xj that we had a freak rain fall while I was at work but my hood was up on the jeep at home now I'm having a no start issue getting fuel pressure at the rail 40 lbs it holds for a good amount of time after shutdown injectors are getting 12v with ignition on good spark on all cylinders but jeep won't fire unless I give it a bit of starting fluid but then will run no issues can go on a rough trail run no issues but once I turn it off again won't start unless I use starting fluid again kinda stumped

Even though you seem to have spark, I'd remove the
distributor cap and dry everything out. Condensation can
form after heat/cool cycles and cause intermittent starts...

A tps cause a no start condition? Figured it would just be throttle response and idle issues

Maybe if it was shorted and telling the PCM that you're wide open throttle and triggering the flooding clearing, but that would also cause automatic shifting issues.

Yeah, that's the other thing, they will typically cause it to shift all kinds of weird. I just happened to fry one driving in especially heavy rain once, ( a week after replacing it!) so I figured it's worth a try.

I have a spare I'll swap them out but don't think it the problem as I have no drive ability probably once running

Back