• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ceramic coated header and intake

Yesterday I got crazy with the drill to try and get more air-flow. Today I'm grinding back the chrome trim bezel to open that area up. Later this week I'll start on making a metal divider to control the grille air-flow. I will also cut another large hole in the metal header panel.
P1090082.JPG

What's left of one!!!

Sexy intake.
That headlight houseing is failure prone but for some reason I like it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't know how 1/8" thick fiberglass that is formed into all kinds of shapes (adding strength) can fail with a 1lb light hanging from it?

The trim ring is done!That said I now have 13 sq/in of air opening that will be (ambient ram air) getting to the air box.
P1090083.JPG

I can get behind this project. I did a cowl sort of intake on my Tundra and noticed it seemed to run a bit better. It does sound cool too. I did some sound deadening on the firewall and it certainly isn't the loudest part of my truck while cruising. It gets loud when I get on it and vvti kicks in.

I was thinking something like this would be cool on my xj.
YbsZtPy

I can get behind this project. I did a cowl sort of intake on my Tundra and noticed it seemed to run a bit better. It does sound cool too. I did some sound deadening on the firewall and it certainly isn't the loudest part of my truck while cruising. It gets loud when I get on it and vvti kicks in.

I was thinking something like this would be cool on my xj.
YbsZtPy

2960 RPMs? let that puppy BREATHE! like it downshifts...hard. so great.

I would have been curious to see if there is any mpg loss from the cooler air, I've heard rumors the air density can change enough to require extra fuel for proper burn.

It looks damn sexy though.

extra oxygen it what makes the difference. more fuel with more air, but not here

3 bolts hold on the exhaust?? no wonder shit breaks

3 bolts hold on the exhaust?? no wonder shit breaks

Not quite sure what your referring to, the header itself is bolted to the 4.0 head with 11 bolts.

I'm planning on a pre-completion run today to see where it's at currently. Hope- fully next week will be a little warmer and dryer for a mileage/temperature test.

I just got back from my first preliminary test of the under-hood temperatures:
Ambient - 95*
Traffic - 165*
Highway - 150*
Ext Idle - 195*
That's about what I expected.

Btw my probe was mounted just behind and below my valve cover breather tube.

Highway speed seems high, expected better air flow..

What's next or are you happy w it?

I didn't do anything to the Jeep itself and I have yet to check my AIT's. I was just checking my "under-hood" temp's.

I just got back from some "before" testing. With the ambient temp of 110* and running up to 50mph my AIT was 150-155* depending on the throttle position. Nothing else will be done so it should be a fair test as long as it's 110* outside, humidity is about the same/constant this time of year

Today it made to 110* again so I finally got to do some testing. At 50mph the AIT was 136-140*, that's a good improvement. I'm still not done with the grille yet so hopefully I can look at it further.

I got the exhaust manifold and the oil separator done today( they didn't get my intake done yesterday).

P1090069.JPG

A little update since it's been almost a year since I installed the oil separator. It definitely works at controlling the oil, today there was about 3/8" of it in the bottom of the collector (they said to check at least once a year).

Back