• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 XJ under dash Fuse box

HeavyArms

NAXJA Forum User
my 1995 XJ has a water leak, i haven't located it yet. guessing windshield. i was planning on scraping it but my GF loves it and wants me to build it for us. the fuse box is bad, melted areas, wires where fuses should be. I'm fairly new to the XJ life and even though i do a lot of custom build, turbo set ups and street cars id rather ask before jumping into something new. should i tear it apart and replace the entire harness? or get a box and wire it in? the floor pans are rusted but i will find and fix the water leak, then fuse box, then OM617 swap. I'm at the point where i drive it daily and im ready to get it done

cant believe i didn't think of moving it myself haha, thank you. ill go see what's available this weekend and may grab a harness and a box with wires so i can have both options. i have a beat up 96 XJ i could take apart but it runs good and AC works. id rather sell it than use it up.

Try having a right hand drive, not only is it in a more inaccessible spot, but they also used a different box for some insane reason and all the diagrams that anyone can find are not right!

I used to have a 300sd with that engine and while it was a phenomenal car I hope you are going to turn it up some and gear down a little, merging on the highway may get a little hairy mounted in an xj!

Back