• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mohawk Trail - Columbus Day

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just thought it was time to start a separate thread for this. I'll be away and off-line for a couple of weeks, so here's a place to post info on Earle's annual Columbus Day trail ride and rainfest.

there are excellent trail up there for all levels.. earle can point you in the direction of good trails.. if moab doesnt happen for me i will absolutley be there... theres a bunch of guys from CTjeep.org planning on being there... the "big guys" always turn out in force... we have a hard time getting the smaller trucks to show.. but we're working on changing that..
mike

I know that I am not stock but am by no means very experianced or have a large Jeep, so if it is looking as though there might be a group of "smaller" , jeeps heading out, I'm still on 31's, I would very interested in going as well.

I'll be there again. With a lift this time and 4 lo. It's a lot of fun, try and make it. Ya Cheap, your MJ will make it. It was a ball. Moto, I'll be retrying the Sucker Tail road again to beat it and it's really easy. Sidriptide posted some pics from the last time on the last thread. Check them out. xj2k where are you? I'll be banging on your door if you don't post here! hahaha

Mike, ya GOTTA go to Moab! :D

Last edited:
ok.. i talked to earle tonite.. we will pretty much have the same basic group of "bigger jeeps" show up.. but he will by no means turn you away because you are not able to run with the big boys.. since neither Eagle nor I will make it Earle has no problem wheeling some less "intense" trails so all can enjoy. and he's not above plain old leaf peeping (but don't tell him i said that) he banged up his rig pretty bad last time so he will most likey want to take it easy anyways.. by all means come out and enjoy the weekend.. it seems only 5 of us from the NAC have an excuse not to show.... where is everyone else?

mike

who's planning on camping over friday or saturday night?? there are motels around but i would suggest making reservations now since it'll be near peak foliage time.. earle is making working on which campground to use...
mike

I can get me and my buddy's to come, only thing is I dont' know if a 2 inch lift and 31's will be able to make it, other rig is a xj 3inch ift and 31's, and a TJ with ford 9, and 35's....is my buddy with TJ not allowed to come?

it seems only 5 of us from the NAC have an excuse not to show.... where is everyone else?

mike [/B][/QUOTE]

Since I have a winch I will be at the Inlaws Camp in Brownsville Junction Maine pulling the dock and the boat lift out of the water....:anon:

CUxj88 said:
I can get me and my buddy's to come, only thing is I dont' know if a 2 inch lift and 31's will be able to make it, other rig is a xj 3inch ift and 31's, and a TJ with ford 9, and 35's....is my buddy with TJ not allowed to come?

There are trails enough for all levels, including stock. The more people/vehicles that show up, the easier it is to break up into smaller groups of different levels of preparation.

This is not an "official" NAXJA event, this is Earle's annual rainfest. Your buddies can come. Technically, NAXJA rules aren't strictly enforced, but the "no booze before or during the trail ride" part is enforced, and the front and rear tow points requirement is enforced.

Going with my Stock TJ....

Eagle said:
and the front and rear tow points requirement is enforced.

... hmmm... I distinctly remember altering the running order with someone from around here only because he only had a front end connection.... :)

I'll probably be headed up there for one day with my stocker. I don't know what day yet though (Sunday is looking best). I just want to get an oilpan skid on before I bang it the rest of the way up...

(edit: I can really spell today!)

JC Whitney has a listing, which means Hidden Hitch should have a listing.

Does your MJ have a stock rear bumper? If so, I may have something for you if you still plan to head down here this weekend. I have to check a source for data -- which I will do right now via the magic of e-mail :)

Re: Going with my Stock TJ....

beaker said:
... hmmm... I distinctly remember altering the running order with someone from around here only because he only had a front end connection.... :)

Well, I wasn't there so I can't say what rules got folded, bent, spindled and/or mutilated. I know I enforce that one, and I've heard Earle grouse so much about his attempt to run Paine Hill with an XJ that didn't have tow points that I was under the impression he enforced it as well.

In case of question, contact Earle. I won't post his phone number in the open forum but PM me if you want it. Just be sure to call before 9:00 p.m.

Eagle said:
JC Whitney has a listing, which means Hidden Hitch should have a listing.

Does your MJ have a stock rear bumper? If so, I may have something for you if you still plan to head down here this weekend. I have to check a source for data -- which I will do right now via the magic of e-mail :)

yes, and saturday (if the weather's not too bad ;) )

Back