• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Death Wobble!

haligan

NAXJA Forum User
I have looked at the other treads on death wobble and still am not sure what the heck to do.

I have a 96 XJ with a Procomp 3" lift, JKS discos, Rusty's off-road tie rod(6months old), napa parts drag link(less than a year old), just put on the adjustable track bar yesterday, bilstien 5100 shocks(less than 2years old), and a milemarker hub cinversion kit,and a trailmaster 4way coil over steering stabilizer.

Bearings are good, ball joints check out ok too.

I had an aligmant when I replaced the tie rod. so when I put on the track bar I just made sure the steering wheel was centered back up. i dont know if that was the thing to do or not.

How do I know how far in or out to adjust the track bar?
All Idid was take it lose from the axle mount, then turn the wheel back and forth a few times until the axle seemed centered under the jeep. then adjusted the track bar to line up with the axle mount hole exactly and retightened everything.

I have not yet rechecked the control arms for tightness yet. I suppose I could get another alignment. What else can I do?

Basicly get under there and grab everything and make sure it is all nice and tight. sounds like when you put in the new trac bar you moved the axle and threw off the alignment. double check you wheel bearings as well as all tierod /tracbar/draglink joints to make sure they are not the cause (have somone cut the wheel back and forth while you look at each one) also may want to get your tires ballanced.

you can adjust the castor I got death wobble lightly right now but my lower control arms are welded i bought it that way i took it to dodge thats what they told me but i got slightly bigger tires and a 3 lift i dont think there specs are set up for that go to a 4x4 shop like rustys offroad is who im going to soon here in alabama ive checked everything i still run the stock trac bar but.. check this out i got bad tires belts are seperated got them from a buddy when i lower the tire pressure to 25 it rides good weird

Back