• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISO Pedal Assembly (ZJ) and information

AdamB253

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

97 ZJ Limited 5.2 NP249 getting brought back to life. 202k and has been sitting, dropped a new battery in it and she started 4th crank ❤️

I used to have an account here but it's been maybe a decade. Similarly, my ZJ hasn't been road ready in nearly 10 years, sitting at my parents house 😢 My son is now 15.5 and expressed interest in the Jeep, so I have a trusted local shop looking over it's safety and tidying up the work that needed done before it sat.

My brake pedal is sticky/rusted and is staying slightly depressed (just enough to keep the brake lights running). A slight annoyance while sitting but also a strong safety concern for operation.

The assembly I am seeking includes both pedals, I hear there are individual pedal assemblies on many models. As soon as I knew I would need information, I turned here. This community doesn't seem quite as active as it used to be, but hopeful it hasn't lost any of it's great advice/information... My question would be what models am I searching for if I hit the junkyards? Is this double pedal limited to just limited models, or only 97-98 for example...?

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide

I'm no ZJ expert but I thought the gas pedal was always a separate assembly from the brake pedal.

I do know that on the rare 93-94 5 speed ZJ, the clutch and brake pedals were in one assembly while the gas pedal is separate.

Pics would be helpful.

Yes, I know, you need to host them.

I have a '97 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L that I can at least compare to provide some degree of feedback. But I don't know what I would be trying to compare to.

Back