• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter Monthly Trail Runs

Out of that list, which do you guys think might be the most "family friendly" trail?

Meaning, I would walk the Jeep end over end down many waterfall steps, but my wife gets worried when we go over a curb.

I want to do a few of these runs, but I want to ease her into it.

I've read the trail damage descriptions, but I am looking for other peoples opinions who may have been in a similar situation.

Thanks!

Hackett has steep up and downs, but not really any exposure. Chinaman, all the hard obstacles are optional, no exposure whatsoever. It's pretty short, just depends on how long people play on the obstacles and on how many rigs. Hackett is pretty scenic and you can go down to the river now. I haven't run any of the others.

I think the easier trails are bumpy and rutted at best. Can you disconnect the sway bar(s)?

I have yet to run the trail, but Slaughterhouse Gulch is said to be mild. Just thinking out loud, but, maybe if you let her take the wheel, she will get the bug, and let you have your own Jeep. :D

Looking at our schedule, Red Cone will not be open before July 1st. We will have to either swap dates, or schedule an alternate. I prefer to keep an open mind, because we do live in Colorado. :)

Hackett has steep up and downs, but not really any exposure. Chinaman, all the hard obstacles are optional, no exposure whatsoever. It's pretty short, just depends on how long people play on the obstacles and on how many rigs. Hackett is pretty scenic and you can go down to the river now. I haven't run any of the others.

Do you think Chinaman could be done in a Silverado w/33s?

I definitely don't want any body damage on it however. :shiver::laugh:

No, there are some tight spots. No way I would take the truck through.

FINE. :laugh:

I want to wheel though!!

I'll for sure ride with someone on that April 30th run.

Depending on what people want, I wouldn't mind a wheeler lake trip of you want to swap that out.
Wheeler Lake is on my personal list of Colorado trails that I want to run! :banghead:

One of the requirements for an official chapter event, is that at least one B.O.D. member be present for that event. It is up to the B.O.D. to show up, or cancel that event.

Looking at the list of monthly runs, I don't see any trails North of I-70. For the Chapter Monthly Runs, I (personally) would like to see a run closer to the FoCo/Loveland area. Putzer has already mentioned a trail that is North of I-70. :)

I'd run my Ram on 35s, I just figured since it was a NAXJA run I had to be in the Jeep.
I don't care if you show up in a clapped-out 4-Runner, especially on Adopt-a-Road days. ;)

One of the great benefits of wheeling with other XJ owners is that I learn more about my equipment's capability. As Led once told me, "the Jeep can do it!" :wow:

One of the great benefits of wheeling with other XJ owners is that I learn more about my equipment's capability. As Led once told me, "the Jeep can do it!" :wow:
Thaaaannnnnnks Led! :D

IMG_2401.jpg

I don't care if you show up in a clapped-out 4-Runner, especially on Adopt-a-Road days. ;)

My plan is to have the Jeep ready for Chinaman in April. See you all there!

My decision making should not be the basis of decisions made by anyone else.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I don't care what anyone says, you're a good kid!!!!!! :D

Back