• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window regulators??

BangoSkank

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the window regulators are the same for both a 2dr and 4dr?

I'm looking for a manual 2dr regulator but the salvage yards don't specify 2dr or 4dr..Thanks...Bruce

Same.

Not the same. Different.

Not the same. Different.

The parts fiche with my FSM says that they are different got PN if you want them..

Must depend on the year--they are the same in the parts catalog for 87-90, no separate listing for 2dr vs. 4dr, either manual or electric.

EDIT: looked in the OP's profile, says 1995, looked in the parts catalog 93-96, STILL no separate listing for a 2dr regulator.

Last edited:
Four-door regulators have one attachment point for the glass (2 bolts). Two-door regulators have two attachment points (4 bolts), because the glass is so big.

I've messed around with my old 2-door XJ and my buddy's 2-door. And I've had my MJ's (same as a 4-door) regulators out several times.

Yeah, that is the same website that says one hatch will fit any XJ from 1984-2000.:rolleyes:

I am replacing both on my 99 Two door and they are different. No aftermarket 2 door units at least that I could find!! You have to go back to Mopar. Roughly $250.00 my cost including tax per side! OUCH!!

Back