• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator replacement/condenser

weekendmech

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

I tore my 98 Cherokee about several years ago to repair some front end damage my daughter did and I am finally getting around to putting it back together. I had to replace the radiator and I did that several years ago also.

My question is, does anyone have a close up picture of the top of the radiator/condenser mount with the top header plate removed? I can't tell if I am missing something that mounts on the top of the radiator and then the condenser bolts to it or not. If so, I might of heaved it out with the old radiator. Will a 87-96 unit work as well? I seem to be able to find many 87-96 units in the local wrecking yard, but not any 97 and newer ones.

Thanks in advance
Andy

I wouldn't recommend getting a junkyard condensor. You'll have no idea what kind of condition it's in. The condensor passages are tiny and are easily broken or clogged.

And the 84-96 have different connectors than the 97+.

Back