• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would u do (2 rigs)

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright heres the deal. I have my daily driver '90 chevy ext. cab 1500 with the 4.3 V6 and a lady at work gave me a '91 dodge dakota club cab with the 318 v8. She said the dakota needed a fuel pump but after messing with it for a fewweeks I found out the coil was grounding out on the firewall. So now I have two trucks and need to get rid of one. I do trailer my jeep to the trails and the chevy just sucks at it. What I am thinking is sell the dakota for about 2k and use that money to put a 350 in the chevy to for daily driver and towing duties. or sell the chevy and use the dakota for towing. Give me your opinions. Oh and not gonna get into car pmts anymore.

BUCKYXJ said:
Alright heres the deal. I have my daily driver '90 chevy ext. cab 1500 with the 4.3 V6 and a lady at work gave me a '91 dodge dakota club cab with the 318 v8. She said the dakota needed a fuel pump but after messing with it for a fewweeks I found out the coil was grounding out on the firewall. So now I have two trucks and need to get rid of one. I do trailer my jeep to the trails and the chevy just sucks at it. What I am thinking is sell the dakota for about 2k and use that money to put a 350 in the chevy to for daily driver and towing duties. or sell the chevy and use the dakota for towing. Give me your opinions. Oh and not gonna get into car pmts anymore.
Sell both and buy a bigger 3/4 or one ton diesel truck to tow with.

I could only get about $1000 for the chevy current condition and the dakota probably $2000 not many 3/4 tons for 3k.
Chevy needs engine rebuilt so I figure why not throw a 350 in also

Back