NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old June 14th, 2017, 20:32
NAXJA Forum User

Little Red

I have been with out a jeep for... to long, and myself and the wife were missing the project, and the community that go along with Jeeps. We ended up selling our last Jeep to make our move of 1000-ish miles easier. Since the move we feel we are finally able to afford a Jeep again, and we agreed of all of the platforms that are available the XJ is right for us since we both know this platform fairly well, looks like cherpies reared its head again.
anyways on to the important part, the Jeep! After searching craigslist, Auto trader, local classifieds, we found this canvas of a project for a few hundred bucks. It needs work and there are plans to build it, using parts and vendors that support .

the little roll over red Jeep

it has some damage

getting creative on straightening the body

and the door was sacrificed

The wife isn't afraid to help

We just picked up this gem on Monday and haven't had a ton of time to work on it, yet. The current plan is as follows;
frame stiffeners bumper to bumper, DIY bumpers, Rock rails, 35's on long arms, SFR engine/trans mount, SFR wj conversion after better axles, Eventually I plan to call Russ for a nice power plant, but that is on the back burner, till it is a bit further along.
This is the first time I feel that I can get close to the project goal, It will take time, it will take effort, but it will become a great project!

Last edited by K.Hess; June 14th, 2017 at 21:08. Reason: photos wouldn't work
Old June 15th, 2017, 08:34
NAXJA Member

Re: Little Red

Pics don't work
Old June 15th, 2017, 09:06
NAXJA Forum User

No pics
Old June 15th, 2017, 21:41
NAXJA Forum User

Sorry about that. Here are those pics. Hopefully they work this time.
the little roll over red Jeep

A little side damage

Getting creative on straightening the body

The door was sacrificed

The wife isn't afraid to help

Old June 16th, 2017, 06:39
NAXJA Forum User

Very cool

How much lift you going to do to get 35's under it?
Old June 16th, 2017, 17:37
NAXJA Forum User

I thing I will have to go 6" to fit 35's. I don't know what rear springs to go with, but for the fronts I am looking at the PAC springs.
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:27
NAXJA Forum User

Little up date, on Friday I didnt get anything done since a seat was offered to me to ride along with Idaho Offroad's State event trail ride, we went up to Tiddy springs.
Here are a few photos from the run,

I am hoping to be able to use this trail as a shake down trail in the fall after i have it a little built!
Old June 18th, 2017, 16:57
NAXJA Forum User

And Back to the Jeep! I was informed that the Saturday run with IOR was going to be even easier than the Friday run. so when I got home I had this wild idea to slam through a tune up and take it out, until I found this and reality struck

when I saw the first plug I realized two things, why it was missing, and that I should not take it on a trail run. reality started to settle in that I have only driven it 10 miles and I would hate to be the trail plug for the rest of the group.
On the bright side I got a few things done on the jeep on Saturday! We started off by going to Jalopy Jungle

we picked up a Door, windshield washer bottle, and a stock muffler with tail pipe. After picking up the key things we went there for, we ran home to tear in to it.

As you can see this is going to be a family build. I would like to use this as a great learning experience for my daughters (the youngest cant stand yet, let alone turn a wrench)
Old June 19th, 2017, 11:45
NAXJA Member #1145

There's got to be a story there for the scraping off the "ISS" on "BLISS"....
-90 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231J: Clayton's longarms, RE 5.5" coils, hybrid 6" leaf pack, 33/12.50/15" MTs, Rancho 99012s and 99624s, Tera HD SYE, custom sliders, BW flares. Rehabbing with D44s, RE spring packs, RE 4.5" coils, and ACOS.
-94 ZJ: Budget boost, 31s. The wife's DD.
-97 XJ: Son's DD. 4" lift, ACOS, 4" spring pack, Upcountry coils, 31s
Old June 19th, 2017, 20:32
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntkat View Post
There's got to be a story there for the scraping off the "ISS" on "BLISS"....
The sticker was half off, I half ass tried to get the rest off and gave up, wish there was a better story