• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 cherokee disc brake e-brake

animalbow

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a 2001 cherokee that had a disc brake conversion done to it and the e-brake cables are not attached to the brakes. Is there a bracket to attach the cables to the brake lever?I'm about ready to spot weld the cable ends to the side of the brake bracket..any suggestions? I need e-brake for inspection and I'm running out of time...Thanks

some guys have chopped the ends of the cable off, and basically wrapped it around the lever that actuates the e brake and then tied a knot in it or used something like a clamp to hold the cable on.... there are some replacement cables out there also, you'd have to search the threads....

liberty ebrake cables... bolt on. also like was mentioned before, loop the cable around and use a cable clamp. or i have seen things done with a chain link.

Do the loop with the cable clamp method.

Just did the 'cut and weld your old e-brake lever end to the new ZJ lever' method and its easily 10x's more work.

The clamp will allow EASY adjustment of the e-brake.

ford88_ebrake_cable16_720.jpg

I may be missing something, but why cant you use the ZJ cables? Are they too long? They look like they would fit the bracket before the ebrake cable splits into two.. That pic above it looks like they could just slide off if I didnt do it correctly.

Back