• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear inner stiffeners

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
I once found a dude in I believe the north west that sold a rear stiffener for the inner rail and wrapped to the bottom as well. I can't find the site now. Anyone have a link or know if he is still making them?

I could've used those for rust repair on my rear ( frame )

The link is working for me.

If nothing else, search for T&M Metal Fab jeep cherokee xj rear inner unibody stiffiner

Yes, they have stiffener speeled funny. That might be why the OP couldn't find what he was looking for.

Looks like a useful product to know about. Rear stiffeners are the the ones I haven't yet done on Scope Creep. These are going to be considered.

No, it was a 403-error. That's a server side error, meaning there were issues at their end of the comms. It's presently working.

They do look interesting, and I am in the midst of rehabbing my 90..... Hmmmmmm..

Ask them if they can do round holes, instead of square:

XJ%20Rear%20Inner%20Unibody%20Stiffiner_2030772c485f65b49eeabe0c6d5b8603.jpg

Ask them if they can do round holes, instead of square:

XJ%20Rear%20Inner%20Unibody%20Stiffiner_2030772c485f65b49eeabe0c6d5b8603.jpg

Why would it matter? You're going to plug weld those holes up anyway.

It sets up a condition called "stress concentration," but, do as you please.

I seriously doubt that's a concern after you've melted the corners into puddles mingled with the base metal, and the welds are surrounded by large amounts of undisturbed steel

I seriously doubt that's a concern after you've melted the corners into puddles mingled with the base metal, and the welds are surrounded by large amounts of undisturbed steel

Your probably right. However, square holes in a rosette weld application is about as dumb as it gets. There's a reason why you don't see square windows on an airplane. Unfortunately it took many of them to fall to the ground for engineers to see the problem.

Your probably right. However, square holes in a rosette weld application is about as dumb as it gets. There's a reason why you don't see square windows on an airplane. Unfortunately it took many of them to fall to the ground for engineers to see the problem.

or square doors/hatches on a ship (not talking about non-structural doors).........it's a lot easier for a crack to propagate from a corner than from a side....which is what a rounded off corner is

And I'll never see the cracks in the base metal, from my house.

Like I said, do as you please.

Back