• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new beater

hollywood32

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I should intoduce my self to all the locals since I've been reffering back to this forum every 15 mins since I bought by my xj a month ago.

HI :compwork:

Now I guess it would be more appropriate to introduce my new toy. I bought a 93 xj country that was in a minor accident, that resulted in some cosmetic damage but nothing to serious but the guy selling it was gonna junk it so I offered him $300 bucks. I recently finished gutting the interior in preperation for a roll cage, and now I'm onto the lift. I'm just about done installing a 4.5" lift and have discovered the best way to install the lower links. It only required 3 jack stands, two jacks, 4 ratchet straps, two of the biggest crow bars I could fit, and a 4 lb deadblow hammer. :explosion
Two and a half hours later presto.

oh well guess I will finish tommorow, but I actually just wanted to thank everyone. I've found more useful information here then I thought I was capable of understanding, ( I was right of course).

P.S. As a fair warning my spelling skills are kindergarten at best.

Last edited:
Welcome to the group!!

Sounds like a nice project started there

Show up to the West Covina Sushi M&G so we can meet you!

cracker said:
Show up to the West Covina Sushi M&G so you can give my family money and meet us!
fixed :D :D

hollywood32 said:
P.S. As a fair warning my spelling skills are kindergarten at best.

no worries - none of us can spell worth a damn!

cracker said:
Show up to the West Covina Sushi M&G so we can meet you!

I would but I will be at work pretending to give a damn. I can however say that I look forward to meeting everyone eventually. Mostly so I can look over your rigs and steal ideas but meeting people is cool sometimes too.

Welcome to the group Hollywood, how cool. Your rig has JV damage before it ever rolled over a rock. :gee:

hollywood32 said:
I'm just about done installing a 4.5" lift and have discovered the best way to install the lower links. It only required 3 jack stands, two jacks, 4 ratchet straps, two of the biggest crow bars I could fit, and a 4 lb deadblow hammer. :explosion
Two and a half hours later presto.

actually the best way is to use only two tools.
1. Large pipe wrench on the knuckle
2. Floor jack

TTIWWP :)

As promised a few pics
HPIM0089.jpg

HPIM0090.jpg

Back