• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking of moving to KY

XAIRCAV

NAXJA Forum User
I may be moving to Adair County, Kentucky. I gew up in Philadelphia and live in Denver but my father was born in Columbia and my grandparents and all four great-grandparents are buried there. Enough of the biography, what are the trails like nearby? In Colorado we have huge amounts of public land nearby.
Does the Daniel Boone National Forest have accessable trails. I have a '94 XJ
with 4.10's,33X10.50 BFG's and Detroit Truc Tracs front & rear.

Hey, there are a number of us that live in the Louisville KY area, but that's 2-3 hours from where you'll be. I hear Turkey Bay Off-Road Area area is a great place with miles of trails. (Click on Recreation the OHV to find the off road trail info.) I don't know much about Adair Co but most of DBNF is off-limits. I don't think you'll find as many areas to off-road in KY as you did in CO.

You could also drive over to Livingston KY just off I-75 north on London KY. We've got a run there May 27-29. It's mostly abandoned county roads with a lot of smooth rock like Moab, though not nearly as expansive.

You can connect with some of us at UCORA.org Just do a members search on KY.

Doug (tsgolo)

Back