• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C.A. Drop Bracket Question

The Rocky Road appears to be the same as the RE brackets. I would stay away from the RC ones though. I've heard a lot of people complaining they have ripped the braces out of the frame, since they are only attached with self taping screws. The one person I know personally who got the RC ones ended up doing this, and ordered the RE braces to replace them.

I'm happy with my RE DB's, no complaints.

RC brackets only go a short distance back, and the brace ends before the crossmember, where as the RE brackets tie into both cross member bolts.

are you serious? RC and RR are on the option list and you tell him to stay away from RC?

HELLO! read some reviews on Rocky road outfitters! THEY ARE A SHAM!

the RCs are MUCH cheaper and do the exact same thing as RE.
Infact i have seen them side by side and the RC seem to be a much thicker metal.

Please do your research on Rocky road outfitters before buying from them!

are you serious? RC and RR are on the option list and you tell him to stay away from RC?

HELLO! read some reviews on Rocky road outfitters! THEY ARE A SHAM!

the RCs are MUCH cheaper and do the exact same thing as RE.
Infact i have seen them side by side and the RC seem to be a much thicker metal.

Please do your research on Rocky road outfitters before buying from them!

[reply in same tone]
Are you serious? Yes I'm serious in telling him to stay away from the RC ones.

HELLO! I said the RR APPEAR to be similar to the RE, I didn't say they are, or recommend them. I recommended the RE ones.

You are right, the RC's are MUCH cheaper quality than RE. They don't do the same thing as RE, because the RE braces don't rip out of the frame the the RC ones do.

I have looked at them side by side, and I don't believe the RC brackets are a much thicker metal at all. The RE ones are very beefy, they look like the same

[/reply in same tone]

[reply in same tone]
Are you serious? Yes I'm serious in telling him to stay away from the RC ones.

HELLO! I said the RR APPEAR to be similar to the RE, I didn't say they are, or recommend them. I recommended the RE ones.

You are right, the RC's are MUCH cheaper quality than RE. They don't do the same thing as RE, because the RE braces don't rip out of the frame the the RC ones do.

I have looked at them side by side, and I don't believe the RC brackets are a much thicker metal at all. The RE ones are very beefy, they look like the same

[/reply in same tone]
so you are saying there is truely a $100 difference? no thanks.. show me ONE post of control arm mounts ripping off due to the design difference. and i'll believe it..

im a big fan of RE products. From a performance standpoint, wondering if the RE are worth the extra $. My jeep mechanic just installed some rocky roads.....it was his advice I went with them. I appreciate your guys opinions, thats what I am looking for after all. If you guys have beef maybe you should take it up via P.M's?
Any one else with real world experience with these products care to share?

I'm in the same boat. my next upgrade is drop brackets and i was considering the RC ones but after thinking about it a long while i decided to wait and fork out the dough for the RE brackets + braces. I figure i have a ton of RE stuff on my rig and none of it has given me any problems.. why break the trend? :)

well regardless, RC and RE make great products. but after my research i wouldnt advice ANYONE give RRO a dime.

that was my true point when entering this thread.

If your an RE fan and see it worth the extra benny, go for it!

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244129810&postcount=1

And its not like its something I just read on the internet. I actually know someone who has had theirs rip out. Ask Dundy on here, he ripped his out then ended up ordering the RE braces.
Hmm. the brace just failed randomly? it does not make since, so many people up here run the RC brackets, I have never heard of problems, i personally am saving up for LA because i dont like how low DB sit, and i guess you gave me one more reason to avoid them..

well hell, ya proved your case:laugh3:

stay away from RRO :smoker:

I have the RC ones and I will admit that with the thin unibody combined with self tapping bolts isn't the strongest setup... They just strip too easily. however mine are tied into the unibody stiffners so there is much more material that the bolts are holding onto and mine aren't going anywhere.

My RC braces stripped out while wheelin' at Rausch Creek this summer. So I decided to go with RE braces.

The RC Drop brackets themselves are well built but I wouldn't trust them just screwed into the uniframe and bolted into the stock LCA mounts as the stock installation instructions show. I have 3/16" frame stiffeners running from the stock LCA mounts all the way back to the front leaf spring mount. The RC DBs are welded into the stock LCA mounts then the RC braces are welded to the DBs and frame stiffener. The areas where the stock LCA mounts attach to the frame are laminated and plug welded with 3/16'' plate as well. I've wheeled them pretty hard since installing them and they have taken some pretty hard hits with no failures or even a crack that I can find.

The DBs are a huge improvement over stock. At the 6 1/4'' of lift I have now ride quality is much better than the stock mount locations were at 4 1/2" and the flexability is excellent
4011998214_471ca5decc_b.jpg

4011996026_22d8898e39_b.jpg

I have the RC ones and I will admit that with the thin unibody combined with self tapping bolts isn't the strongest setup... They just strip too easily. however mine are tied into the unibody stiffners so there is much more material that the bolts are holding onto and mine aren't going anywhere.

x2, the hole size they say to drill Is to big as well, mine was fine with the stiffeners, but my cousins wasn't, we ended up stitch welding them on his. Mine have never seen a failure, very happy with them for what they do. I have never heard of a rc drop bracket failure other than them dam self threading bolts.They really did wonders for my droop, I added some pics, neither is full stuff or full droop

000_0031.jpg

March1609019.jpg

Last edited:
I've installed them all.

I prefer the Rough Country ones.. they are hands down the best designed.

I do suggest putting a couple of 1" welds on the braces.

looks like the RE ones push the axle forward more. i need that.

Back