• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 1990 XJ "Wagoneer" Limited

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 Cherokee Wagoneer Limited that I am parting out. The guy I bought it off of said it ran a few years back, but was starting to heat up, so he parked it. I bought it b/c he told me it was an 89, and I was hoping to get a D44 since this rig has the tow package. No such luck since it ended up being a 1990, so now I am left with a mostly complete (minus tail lights) non running XJ. We were able to get it to fire up by shoving a gas soaked rag in the air intake, but it did not run the best. The interior is tan leather, but I am not sure if the power options work or not, and it is dirty as hell inside. Has good body panels, doors etc and glass etc.. etc.. etc..it also has the chrome mirrors and handles. I am not sure of the T case, but it is an automatic with the 4.0 motor. If you are interested in any items, shoot me a PM. I accept Paypal or money orders or cash, but NO personal checks...I've been stung by bad checks too many times. I will ship most items, but not big/heavy items like tranny etc...Thanks

It does have a full gauge pod, and I believe that it does indeed have the tach option. It is at my shop, and I am at home right now, but I will check for you. I know that it had every option available for that year and model, so there is no reason that it should not have a tach. I do have one other person that has requested the gauges, but if they decline, it is back up for dibs. $25 is what I priced it at shipped based upon their ZIP, your ZIP may be slightly higher or lower......

I'm looking for the quad headlight wagoneer style front panel...to convert my '86 comanche....do you have a pic of this wagoneer?

If this wagoneer has this front header panel in good shape, I would like to buy it with all the accessories (grille, turn markers, wiring, basically everything in front of the front fenders).

Let me know....thanks!

It has a good header panel and the lights are still in it. The passenger side light bezel is missing, but the drivers side is all there. It has all 4 headlights and I think that the header itself is in pretty good shape. The grill is broke, but usable. If your doing a swap, you'll probably want to replace the grill center section and the mising bezel. I am not sure if it has the amber lenses in it anymore. I will get you a picture of the front end and send you a PM. You can cathc me easier through a PM as well. What is your email address so i can email you some more pics???

I need both front seat-belts if they are in good shape. Also the Tranny select switch ( power/comfort) How bad are the front seats? Also what kind of wheels? Shipped to 40160.

Do you have pics of the outside?

It does still have both front seat belts and they are tan. As far as shape, I'll have to check. I am sure that they are dirty like the rest of the interior. The front seats are in fair to good shape, I believe that they would clean up nice. I am not sure about the power options on the seats, and there is not a battery in it to check if they work or not. The rear seat is not very good, there are snags along the top of it. I do have an extra Tranny select switch. It is all there. The wheels are the aluminum factory 5 star for that year. I do have one other person awaiting pictures of the seats, so I am not sure if they are still available, and they are probably to heavy to ship. Teh wheels are in teh same boat, but I really dont think the guy is going to come up with the $$$. So right now I only have the Tranny select switch for sure, and it would be $20 shipped by priority mail. Shoot me a PM with your email and I will get some pics out to you this weekend on the itmes that your requesting. thanks...

mcnamaag said:
I need both front seat-belts if they are in good shape. Also the Tranny select switch ( power/comfort) How bad are the front seats? Also what kind of wheels? Shipped to 40160.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
It does still have both front seat belts and they are tan. As far as shape, I'll have to check. I am sure that they are dirty like the rest of the interior. The front seats are in fair to good shape, I believe that they would clean up nice. I am not sure about the power options on the seats, and there is not a battery in it to check if they work or not. The rear seat is not very good, there are snags along the top of it. I do have an extra Tranny select switch. It is all there. The wheels are the aluminum factory 5 star for that year. I do have one other person awaiting pictures of the seats, so I am not sure if they are still available, and they are probably to heavy to ship. Teh wheels are in teh same boat, but I really dont think the guy is going to come up with the $$$. So right now I only have the Tranny select switch for sure, and it would be $20 shipped by priority mail. Shoot me a PM with your email and I will get some pics out to you this weekend on the itmes that your requesting. thanks...

That is fine. I really just need the seatbelts and switch. Every time I find them in the junk-yard they are trashed. Thanks and I sent you a PM.

I am in the market for a good undamaged OEM air filter assembly. It is the black plastic top and bottom half that hold the air filter that I need mostly. Mine has the heat duct tube connection broken off the inlet and the box is warped so the filters do not seat and seal properly.

I have a 1987 Wagoneer Ltd 4X4, 4.0 liter, 4dr, so it should be a match.

Does it have a working radio?

I might be interested in the wiring harnesses if they are the same as the 1987, or usable on a 1987?

I will also be looking for electric window parts for the front (4 dr) passenger door soon. Don't know what I need yet but the window won't go up if you roll it down. Also might want to get the TCU as a spare.

Mike McGinness
South Houston, TX 77587

I know there is the air box assembly still in it b/c I just looked at it tonight, but as far as not being warped, I will have to check that. It does have a radio, but I am really not sure if it works or not. The wiring harness has been chopped on some already, so it is not much good. As I have been selling parts off of it, people just chop the wires on it....it kind of makes me mad, but too late now. It does have the computer in it still. It all works as far as I know b/c I had the vehicle runnig a few weeks back. I will have to hook a battery back up to it to see if the passenger door window parts are any good, and I can check the radio at the same time. send me a PM if you are interested in these items. I am fair with my prices taking into account that I have to pull the parts, box and ship them out. I will check the airbox, radio and window either tomorrow or early next week. Thanks for the interest.

Ecomike said:
I am in the market for a good undamaged OEM air filter assembly. It is the black plastic top and bottom half that hold the air filter that I need mostly. Mine has the heat duct tube connection broken off the inlet and the box is warped so the filters do not seat and seal properly.

I have a 1987 Wagoneer Ltd 4X4, 4.0 liter, 4dr, so it should be a match.

Does it have a working radio?

I might be interested in the wiring harnesses if they are the same as the 1987, or usable on a 1987?

I will also be looking for electric window parts for the front (4 dr) passenger door soon. Don't know what I need yet but the window won't go up if you roll it down. Also might want to get the TCU as a spare.

Mike McGinness
South Houston, TX 77587

Back