• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ died.....

Sarge

NAXJA Forum User
:bawl: My daughter drives my 1993 2WD XJ (4.0 AW4) and was headed here from Alton, IL where she lives to visit us. As they crossed the bridge on 367 it started to make "noise" and shortly after getting off the bridge it "just shut off". It wouldn't even turn over until it cooled down for about an hour.

I get there and find cloudy oil (1 - 1 1/2 qt low), small green spots in the oil, a light nasty looking sludge on the bottom of the dipstick, and a lot of valve noise when it fires up. I can wiggle the two rockers I can reach thru the valve cover. Sounds like one or more is not even opening. No oil visible in antifreeze. As it was being loaded on the wrecker (they drove it on) I could see white smoke which smelled like antifreeze.

Luckily the daughter is dating (living with but they think we don't know) a mechanic. He's dragging the XJ to his shop and will fix it as cheap as possible. I'm suspecting at least a top end, possibly more. Be nice to get a stroker out of it but I doubt it. *grin* He'll most likely use a junkyard motor if it gets that far.

Sarge

Yea yea yea, talk to the hand. Our kids thing we don't know anything. Sheeeet, in this town we hear about what they did, planned, didn't do, who's doing who, who's stepping out on who, etc every time we stop somewhere.... I'd a never guessed in a thousand years that hot neighbor lady w/husband and two kids we have down the street has a girlfriend...who also has a boyfriend.... desperate houswives hell, who needs the TV show, all I gotta do is stop in the coffee shop, listen and nod and I get an earfull....

I think they call that "kin" down that a ways?

RichP said:
Yea yea yea, talk to the hand. Our kids thing we don't know anything. Sheeeet, in this town we hear about what they did, planned, didn't do, who's doing who, who's stepping out on who, etc every time we stop somewhere.... I'd a never guessed in a thousand years that hot neighbor lady w/husband and two kids we have down the street has a girlfriend...who also has a boyfriend.... desperate houswives hell, who needs the TV show, all I gotta do is stop in the coffee shop, listen and nod and I get an earfull....

Thats only where everyone looks related like on those islands off the left coast :D

Back