• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low RPM / Idle miss

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
My sons 91 HO has a miss at low rpm's. When it idles it is really bad. It kind of stalls for a second when he takes off too. Then it runs really good from there. It hauls ass from zero to 40 once ot gets past the slight stall. Kind of sounds like timing to me. Does any one agree ?

boise49ers said:
My sons 91 HO has a miss at low rpm's. When it idles it is really bad. It kind of stalls for a second when he takes off too. Then it runs really good from there. It hauls ass from zero to 40 once ot gets past the slight stall. Kind of sounds like timing to me. Does any one agree ?

Mine was doing exactly that. It was the o2 sensor, and i had to change the spark plugs after changing the sensor.

I was thinking that to especially with his exhaust. It has a blown muffler so it doesn't have very much back pressure. How much are those running now. I replaced mine on my non-HO about 7 years ago and I'm thinking it was around 60 dollars.
Thanks

Back