• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 install

gooch27

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ automatic 2wd that I am converting over to 4wd. I have a almost brand new NP231 from a 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ which had the 5-speed nv 3550 trannny. I have already bought the 4wd version of the aw4 tranny that I need. My question is, will this np231 from a TJ work with my new XJ 4wd tranny? I have heard things out there about differences between the automatic and the manual NP231's and I would like to have everything straight before doing the swap. Also, does anyone know what I will need to do in order to get the 4wd or part time lights to work on the dash? Where is the sensor on the Transfer Case that lights the light on the dash, and will I have anything to plug into it since this is originally a 2wd. I also wish to install a HD SYE output shaft in this unit. Thanks.

Back