• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

briarwood?

comanchechuck said:
The briarwood is a 87-89 xj that has the dual head light setup and the fake wood paneling on the side.

that's a waggy-- Briarwood had wood grain, but was an option package with upgraded creature comforts IIRC. It should be a single headlamp front end with a bunch of nicities like power mirrors and stuff. It seems that most/all of the options could be had on most/all of the trim packages, but the only thing I've seen that sets 'em apart is the single headlamp and wood grain.

--Shorty

P.S. OVCRAIG on here may know some more about 'em-- he's trying to corner the market on Briarwoods the last I knew

Wikipedia is not always accurate. I use it a lot, but one time it listed a journalist as an economist. Just people's input on wiki, just like this forum. They could be wrong.

One of my wheelin buddies just sold his dark green/woodgrain 92 Briarwood. Nice Jeep and not a lot of them out there. That thing was loaded out!

I've got a briarwood, 1992, and I was wondering if it means anything other than how it looks + power everything? Anything specific to the briarwood? Also, does anyone know how many were made/are still around, by chance?

i have a briarwood as well, 1991. it has an upgraded trim package with the wood grain, all leather seats, power everything (amazingly they still work) and the 4.0L HO engine. it was supposed to be the "luxury" version of that year, and i go and put a lift on it and beat the living crap out of it.

norcalchris said:
hhmmm....i want to know more.

because this is what k7N'S WEBSITE HAD LISTED "1987 JEEP BRAIRWOOD 2.8L V6 F/I - All"

NOTICe...2.8L

I think that website is mistaken. The only Briarwoods i have ever found were 91-92 models

If it is an 87 it would have been a waggie but I have never seen a waggie with the 2.8. I know in 84-86 waggies had the 2.8 but in 87 they went to a 4.0 on the waggie. The waggie was distributed till 90 and then renamed to the briarwood for 2 more years. Your guy probably has and 86.

Hope this helps

Not just the Briarwoods had the wood and upgrades. I've got an '89 Waggie Limited. Got leather power seats, power windows, mirrors, locks, etc...also with the 242 transfer case. Pretty fancy for a trail rig...but suites me fine!

dirt machine said:
Wikipedia is not always accurate. I use it a lot, but one time it listed a journalist as an economist. Just people's input on wiki, just like this forum. They could be wrong.

nope-- but you notice everyone who has one has a '91-'92......

My briarwood has in the top center a small black semisphere and I always wondered what it did...I don't know if its "briarwood only" or if it has to do with the security system or what. Anyone know?

84 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief
85 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo
86 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo
87 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited
88 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
89 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
90 - Base, Wagoneer, Pioneer, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
91 - Base, Briarwood, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
92 - Base, Briarwood, Chief, Laredo, Limited, Sport
93 - Base, Sport, Country
94 - SE, Sport, Country
95 - SE, Sport, Country
96 - SE, Sport, Country, Classic
97 - SE, Sport, Country
98 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited
99 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited
00 - SE, Sport, Classic, Limited, Freedom
01 - Sport, Limited, 60th Anniversary Edition

JeepHorizons.com is usually pretty accurate....

daemon512 said:
My briarwood has in the top center a small black semisphere and I always wondered what it did...I don't know if its "briarwood only" or if it has to do with the security system or what. Anyone know?
its a key fob, i was wondering what mine was too.

Its not quite between the visors, its further back...behind the glasses holder and garage door opener...just behind the front seats, but in the middle. This is on the roof, however. I don't have keyless entry (unless the first owners had it and got rid of it). It's a '92 I didn't think they had keyless entries back then (but I was 4 so what did I know?).

I don't believe its a key fob...its kinda up there and can't come off without breaking (that I've been able to, anyway).

Back