• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road Trip/Camping in June?

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
My Girlfriend is graduating in June from UW, she wants to go on a road trip in the Jeep. I am trying to figure out where to go for the selected states we will be driving through. We will be starting in Seattle and traveling east. In order here are the states we are thinking ov visting.

Idaho>Montana>Wyoming>Colorado>Utah>Nevada>Oregon

I'm not that worried about Idaho or Oregon, they are mostly just pass through states.

I am very interested in Colorado though, Ive seen tons of awsome scenery in the picture forum. So what does everybody suggest, I have time I just want to start planning early.

So you'll be starting and ending back where you start? How much time do you have on this road trip?

You could do one heck of a scenic loop. For example..

Acoss WA into the Bitteroots of ID and down through SW Montana, through Yellowstone/Tetons, Jackson Hole. Continue down to Rocky Mountain NP, across the state heading into the San Juans. Shoot over to Southeastern Utah, Monument Valley, up through Canyonlands, Moab, Arches, San Rafael Swell, Salt Lake and northern Utah. West into northern Nevada and back north through Oregon and Washington.

WOW... what a trip!... if you had the time.

Basicly we have as Much time as we want, assuming we have gas and food money. She will be moving all her crap back into her parents house, All my stuff will be in storage. So I could probably do 2 or 3 weeks if I wanted.

Handlebars said:
June is kind of early for many of the more scenic passes in the San Juan mountains. Wouldn't you rather take 2 or 3 months? :D You only live once!

If gas wasn't $3+ a gallon and I could find a Costco to restock mid trip I wouldn't mind 2-3 months. Also whats crap about early, thee more snow I get to drive in the better.

WaXJ_Skier said:
If gas wasn't $3+ a gallon and I could find a Costco to restock mid trip I wouldn't mind 2-3 months.
How much is your time worth? Gas is not going to be any cheaper next year. You don't have to spend the entire trip burning gas from dawn till dusk. Get your butts out of the Jeep, go hiking, take a few days exploring each area in depth. Indulge in the ultimate luxury- find a beautiful place to camp and do nothing for the whole day. Are you afraid your girlfriend will get bored with you? Seriously, if you and your gf can schedule a few of months off together don't let the price of gas stop you. It will be the trip of a lifetime.
Also whats crap about early, thee more snow I get to drive in the better.
Are you sure? This is Imogene Pass, 7/5/2007, the day after the plows opened it up. This is usually the first pass plowed in the San Juans.
orig.jpg

Taking 2 weeks off= vacation.
Taking 2 months off= adventure!

:D

agreed on the whole 2 months thing. I think a month would be the longest I can go. I still want to be able to go to Fall Fling

Back