• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some new project ideas!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I think I've done everything possible to my XJ but I need to stay busy for a couple more months! I dropped 5k on a gun back in July of '18 and they are still not in full production so I've tried to keep myself busy all this time but I'm running out of any thoughts on what I can do. There are some minor things I can do for "Lil Sis" but "Big Bro" has had everything I know done to it.

Besides the fact that I spent 10k on my stroker, you couldn't "pay" me to own a diesel!

Pull the carpet and rhino-line the interior?

Do a nice double din head unit with navigation and offroad maps?

I don't use anything that requires a App(I don't even own a smart phone), plus everything can go in my other vehicles.

Any links to your build threads?

I should add that I bought this brand new and started lifting the same week, but anyway I still haven't removed that factory floor mats at 78k miles! I upgrade things whether they need it or not.

I should add that I bought this brand new and started lifting the same week, but anyway I still haven't removed that factory floor mats at 78k miles! I upgrade things whether they need it or not.

Ok, not sure what you done up to now. I know from most of your threads, its plenty. Have you added a track bar brace? I am trying to add a RE track bar brace. Ironman 4X4 has a track bar brace, too. Yes, have one of them. I think Rugged Ridge might have something too. Looks cheap. They call it differently. On mine I want to reinforce the passenger side with a RHD engine mount bracket. I did get one, but it looks the same as the LHD on that side. ?? I also bought a RHD stock track bar bracket. It should help a bit stiffening up that sides sheet metal.

Edit: Stinky Fab has a Trackbar brace too.

Last edited:
I installed the RE track-bar brace 18yrs ago with my 2nd Lift(on the 4th right now). Everything I ever have done was included in one of my threads.

Maybe a good pony shovel some good soil and a hole 6ft deep cause once no improvements can be made that's all there is left.
Hahaha joking

I think if in your shoes through 4 lifts etc boredom kicking in along with maturity I'd begin to wonder what can be improved on.
It would not be mature to take a xj into the go fast world it appears theres a go fast motor with 10grand as a power plant. Maybe this rig needs to be looked at as the platform.

Low big tires ifs long arms crawl go fast mash the throttle 4l8e 727 th400 whatever works dual purpose go slow go fast dirt soaking kinda ride smoke em in the rocks rail the whoops and berms. Hell maybe its not even a jeep thing.

I dont know what tools and machines you have at your disposal only money limits you it does us all sometimes stubbornness does to .

I'd be glad dig a 3' wide x 6' long x 6' deep whole if I can get you to inspect it for me!

Back