NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > Tow Rigs and Trailers
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Tow Rigs and Trailers Hey, not all of our Jeeps are great on the highway. Post here for tech related to getting your XJ to the trailhead.

Old September 20th, 2005, 22:40
NAXJA Forum User

Sub box in quadratec

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but i saw this in the new quadra tec. http://www.selectincrements.com/xjpod.html

Fits an 8" sub. Can get one for 90 bucks or one with a sub for 140.
Old September 20th, 2005, 22:50
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Sub box in quadratec

thats not a bad price...been looking for something similar
Old September 21st, 2005, 05:59
NAXJA Forum User

i saw it the other day. looks like it's got a lot less volume than the vantage box that holds a 10. but it's a bunch cheaper. i would bet with the right sub, it would hit pretty good.
Old September 21st, 2005, 06:16
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitchVA
i saw it the other day. looks like it's got a lot less volume than the vantage box that holds a 10. but it's a bunch cheaper. i would bet with the right sub, it would hit pretty good.
I need a friggin' vantage box. I have had my 10" sub for almost 2 years now and still have not come across a box. One recently sold on ebay and someone on here actually got it. I could just shoot myself in the foot for missing it............
Old September 21st, 2005, 10:44
NAXJA Forum User

i sold mine on here a few months ago. actually, i guess it was more like earlier this year. but anywho, they do pop up every now and then
Old September 21st, 2005, 13:33
NAXJA Forum User

I'd check the specs on the volume of the enclosure and make sure your cone spec match it properly. Size of the box makes alot of difference as to how deep it goes. The less air it pushes, the less deep it is. That said, I doubt it's the best for sound, but if space is your #1 priority maybe it's perfect.
Old September 21st, 2005, 22:33
NAXJA Forum User

haha i just have a regular 2x12 box in the back...still plenty of room back there...
Old September 22nd, 2005, 05:02
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplatz
I'd check the specs on the volume of the enclosure and make sure your cone spec match it properly. Size of the box makes alot of difference as to how deep it goes. The less air it pushes, the less deep it is. That said, I doubt it's the best for sound, but if space is your #1 priority maybe it's perfect.
Dual Voice Coil subs, perfect for small sealed boxes. And if thats not enough, Pioneer makes a 4 layer coil, shallow mount sub, that can run in a 0.6 Cubic box..........