• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Its awesome well exept when we get back and scotts ford wont start. Then were stuck Hitchn a ride to go grab my trusty dirty girl to get us home.
Couple snow pics from the ride.
b2b874711395d7a5d3065a30dc02890e.jpg
7fc21da0f13c839b149c6662538dbed6.jpg
1a67c60ff3d4b38be7544ea3c3586855.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.
Shes my on going project.
I have links on hand to fab rear. Just gotta pull the trigger and order coilovers.

Thinking pretty hard on it. Also found a hp king pin dana60 i can maybe somehow sneak in.

Probly be another 5 years for all that dreaming to actually happen

Yep... Just Empty Every Pocket- fix it till its broke.. tons would be bad ass man good luck w that!

Glad to see you getting it I it's natural habitat. Mostly snow wheeling up here in Northern Colorado. Got some unibody stiffeners (finally) I need to burn in, and will be redoing my front suspension at the same time. The winter list keeps growing, meanwhile my cold ass garage looks more and more UNinviting lol

The winter list keeps growing, meanwhile my cold ass garage looks more and more UNinviting lol

No kidding!

37 degrees in my shop today.

And I am trying to sort out the front suspension on Varmint #1's XJ. And yes, the list keeps growing. Ordered more pieces today. While I am in there...

It might be easier to list what I am not doing...

It is a '92 Limited. Was originally a much nicer XJ than any of mine. Once upon a time someone took good care of it, but it has been abused and neglected for a number of years since then.

It did drive itself home, but it was clear that the brakes are horrible (having found shoes and pads to be okay I think the booster is shot--looks like we are going to do a WJ booster/MC swap for that) and the rear end howled like a banshee (we have swapped that out with a JY unit that at least had clean oil).

Among other things in the seller's listing was a note that it needed shocks. I had expected that to mean the shocks were shot, but no, really it lacked shocks. 3 of the 4 were missing. The 4th one was disconnected at the top, but whoever took the other 3 couldn't get the bolts out of the bottom. I found a set of near new shocks in the JY, the rears coming with coilover helpers. We installed those, and that led to a need to level out the front. Ends up looking like 3" of lift. That is what I am currently working on. While in there I am going to replace the axle side bushings for the uppers, and while doing that I am going to reinforce that cursed sheet metal tower for the passenger side. Then I can at least get it back out of my shop so I can work on my own stuff until Varmint #1 comes home for Spring Break.

During Spring Break I think he will be taking care of the oil filter adapter O-rings, the valve cover gasket and the front crank seal, as well as the brake booster project. Oh yes, and the steering intermediate shaft. That piece is held together by two hose clamps and a piece of a tin can. Looks like a trail fix. Have to pull one of those from the JY.

Once weather warms up and rubber seals can be manipulated he needs to replace his rear hatch glass and the driver's quarter window glass. At some point someone used those for target practice for a BB gun. Glass is still there, but when you close the hatch little pieces fall out.

Varmint has already replaced the broken driver's seat mount. Still needs to replace the missing bottom of the back seat.

Cooling system is missing the mechanical fan shroud. Probably get a new one from Amazon.

Then it is belts, hoses, distributor cap, rotor...all that sort of maintenance stuff that needs a baseline.

It has a new fuel pump module, and a new fuel filter waiting to be installed.

One of the things Varmint #1 did over Christmas Break was pull the NSS and give it a thorough cleaning (classic symptoms of not starting in cold weather).

I am sure there are things I am forgetting. He has a list somewhere. And I keep finding things to add to it.

It is a good project for Varmint #1 to learn on. He needs these skills. Once he gets through with this he will have a pretty good idea of how his Jeep works and how to take care of it.

The bones of it are good. Undercarriage is very straight and clean. No rock rash. No mangled pinch seams. No cancer.

The goal is for him to have a good commuter vehicle for whatever conditions the roads may present.

Anak thats awesome. He will gain alot of knowledge.

Today went after a street truck in utah. Drove it home no issue's shes a keeper comfy smooth quite. Cheap enough with a ugly bumper to just drive it till it dies.
The bumper i can deal with the red raptor letters uhhh no.

Part of why i did this is im haveing a tourque convertor made for my truck will be tearing it down in a few days to refresh the trans.

f150 is so nice to drive compared to old batterd cummins.
62095929c18b9c3079f61681269ad44f.jpg
52b723334926a5915839adff63240263.jpg
30f3c024be82c2c0741a4d02d3dc3399.jpg
3faacc8699dcc64a4a7b045f7bfca5f6.jpg

Looks like an awesome shop.

Congrats on the new job.

I had a former boss who thought I was a mushroom.

Back