• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door Cherokee 01 with 25,000 miles... mild build for daughters first Jeep

Very nice. It needs rock rails, speaking as a very ugly, very built two door who wheels Colorado.

Well Rock Auto sent one e-coated black drum and one bare drum. So sent back & they sent another bare drum. Finally got the other one from Amazon.

While I was waiting on parts, I noticed a very slight seepage from passenger wheel seal. She's only put around 3K miles so would surely get worse.
So decided to tear it apart and install new seal. Didn't like the seal surface on axle even after polishing with emery cloth,so got Richmond cromo shaft.
I don't know why I didn't install new shaft during rear axle rebuild. Race was in axle good and tight.

Clamshell bearing remover sure is nice, no grinding, can reuse bearing & retainer, but went with new Timpken.

Also noticed the tweeter sail panel were rubbing A pillar trim. Fortunately the 3D printed housing was softer than A pillar plastic so didn't damage the factory trim. @GJeep told me that JBL tweeters would fit in factory Infinity sail panels with bit of dremel work.

Well crud, put Currie Correct Link steering on and it's rubbing axle mounted sway bar tabs.

Guess I need either run ZJ steering, clearance sway bar mount, or weld on raised tabs.

Never ends :)

I would go with the last 2 options since the ZJ steering is nothing to write home about!

I would go with the last 2 options since the ZJ steering is nothing to write home about!

I was able to barely clearance the axle side sway bar tab and Currie steering clears full lock.

All clean and freshly waxed.... Been raining couple weeks so haven't taken to alignment shop.

Lower control arms set at 17.5" and alignment shop got nice caster.

Glad I put a 28mm front sway bar on as drive awesome.

This project is almost finished, only thing left to do is find chrome license plate brow for just a touch of bling.

Back