• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Header Fitment

offthewallds

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks,

Getting back into the Jeep world with a '96 ZJ 4.0. I'm looking at header options to replace the leaking stock manifold, and to compliment a few bolt-ons.

It seems most application listings don't feature the 4.0 ZJ. Are there fitment issues with the ZJ due to engine mounts or something similar? Or will any decent quality header work fine? FWIW, I'm looking at JBA, Banks, and AFE.

Thanks in advance!

Called Banks this morning, they double check with design team and didn't think there would be any fitment issues with the Revolver header, p/n 51327.

We'll give it a shot!

Please share your results.

The issue is with the design team having access to vehicles to test fit the product at the time of design. Marketing is who chooses the vehicles. At the time these headers were being designed Marketing did not see the Grand Cherokees as being the target market, so those vehicles were not brought in.

Your experience with fitment will be useful information for all of us. Please take pictures. If you can't post them here please PM me and I will see what I can do to get them up on the site.

Certainly! I always hate it when the OP doesn't circle back with answers. Forums are still some of the best knowledge repositories, even if Photobucket destroyed 98% of the internet's How To articles on VB forums.

I digress, it will be a couple weeks before installing the header but I'll circle back with some photos.

Back