• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Correct light bar installation

SurplusFan98

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought my 97 XJ it had a light bar and a couple of other electrical upgrades already installed. I've since found that the guy that wired it all up did a series of terrible jobs, so I'm working backwards to fix all those. Now I'm noticing that there's water pooling up in my floorboard, and I assume it is because of how this light bar is mounted and the weather stripping cut (see picture). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this is done incorrectly. My question is, how should it have been done, assuming I'm using these same brackets (I don't have a roof rack yet)? Beyond just the wiring, I don't like how the light bar is mounted to the body with rivets or how the mounting brackets are pushing the weather stripping down so that it doesn't fully seat along the pinch seem. What should I do?

It’s not your place to judge how someone installed a lightbar on their own jeep. That is 100% a “correct installation”, albeit not perfect.
If I use self tappers to install a light bar on my beaters hood, and you later buy that beater, who are you to critisize my methods? Especially if you can’t figure out how to do it right without asking a forum in a cocky manner?

You bought it, so I dunno why your talking shit. iTs nOt rOcKEtsCiENce!

I’m embarrassed that I have to say this, but LED light bars have a vent port… flipping them will only make condensation issues worse.

The sad part is that it looks like they distorted the A-pillar!

Back