• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow!

Crusher16

RRC President
NAXJA Member
How is everyone holding up in this cold stuff so far?

Doing good here. No power issues for us luckily.

How is everyone holding up in this cold stuff so far?

Doing good here. No power issues for us luckily.

I am glad you are not in the valley depending on those wind turbines. Driving down I-35,...those tins are ugly.

You guys, try to stay warm. Unfortunately, most of the houses down there are not designed for this cold weather.

I will stay in FL, thank you very much.

99 miles from nowhere we have inch so far weather man just called for 1 to 6 inch starting late tomorrow 14 degree's overnite.0

Lost power for about 30 hours, just got it back this morning. Glad I put new windows in the house, only got down to about 55 degress inside. The cell service going was what really surprised me- even in Harvey when I lost power for 3 days and everything was under water I never lost it.

As a PNW transplant. I am built for this weather and I am Pretty prepared comparatively. Generator, Propane, fuel tanks and freezers topped off.. in fact its normal to tent camp and wheel in snow

That said... I feel absolutly horrible for those around me that are flat out suffering right now...

Deep deep south Texas rgv. We aren't handling anything well as we aren't used to this or built for it. Its been really miserable...no power in most, no water...people hoarding food and gas. Sucks

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

We got around 3 inches of snow last night possible 1 inch more tonight low around 27°

As a PNW transplant. I am built for this weather and I am Pretty prepared comparatively. Generator, Propane, fuel tanks and freezers topped off.. in fact its normal to tent camp and wheel in snow

That said... I feel absolutly horrible for those around me that are flat out suffering right now...

Agreed. I described what I did as camping in the bedroom. No different than some winter wheeling trips in terms of temperature.

I could really go for a shower at this point though... and for my parts to show up so I can finish the head swap. Everything got delayed.

Lost power for about 30 hours, just got it back this morning. Glad I put new windows in the house, only got down to about 55 degress inside. The cell service going was what really surprised me- even in Harvey when I lost power for 3 days and everything was under water I never lost it.

It have been mandated by the FCC that all communication equipment must be able to keep running for at least a week if there is an emergency interruption i.e. hurricane, snow storm etc. I remember years ago after returning home to Miami from post Katrina restoration in LA, another hurricane hit South FL. 90% of the cell sites failed. The FCC called in the CEOs of these companies and gave them a work over. Cellular service is no loner a luxury as it was in the 1980s. It is a necessity along side electricity, running water,....

In 2019, I worked Sprint sites in the valley. happy to have helped you (and others) stay connected.

Back