• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clicking Noise

triple 4

NAXJA Forum User
when I shift my jeep into 4 low I get a really nasty clicking noise. the jeep is a 85 the axles are 89 and the front drive shaft does not have the two u-joints. its the older style. now I'm wonder if its the axle the shaft or the t-case. And would a 231 fit the 4 speed, the tranny out of an 84. The t-case is a 207 i think. any ideas will help, thanks all.

does your front driveshaft have a round looking can section to it right after the yoke?ifso that style ds doesn't like any kind of all...I had that style front ds on my 86 and it made horrible clicking noise after I installed a 3 inch lift(don't know if you have a lift,though)

the front shaft is not the yoke style I think its like a car cv axle. and I have a lift I think that i have more then a 3'' lift I have no idea it home made. Will a 231 fit the 4 sp???

Back