• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt-in steering

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Is Currie still the best/only option for a true bolt-in, no drilling, no reaming, heavy duty steering system?

Other option being ZJ tie rod?

1989 Waggy 3” and 31s, I guess not “bone stock” any more.

Thanks

Phil

"best" plug n pray option is the synergy suspension setup. ALL TRE are replaceable, unlike draglink TRE on Currie.

Check out the aluminum tie rod from stinkyfab

Thanks all.

Cal Naughton Jr this is for my little Waggy so no rock crawling ever, mainly just to work on some Fridays and to the breweries. But if I wanted to go to the snow or a camping trip a little upgrade might be nice.

I run IRO's kit. I've had it for 2 years and love it. No tie rod roll, no play, no noise. It does use heim joints, but I've had 0 problems with it.

Thanks all.

Cal Naughton Jr this is for my little Waggy so no rock crawling ever, mainly just to work on some Fridays and to the breweries. But if I wanted to go to the snow or a camping trip a little upgrade might be nice.

For a sort of dd the v8 zj stuff is hard to beat. I wouldn't waste money on anything else for what you use it for.

Actually now that I looked at the sfr tie rod really isn't too bad of an upgrade either for $100

Last edited:
stinky fab or currie. ive always done the currie on stocker rigs (mild lift mild tires mild wheeling)

I'm on 3" and 33's with the zj upgrade and have given it a good beating over 4 years and have done nothing but added grease.

I've been looking at the crown H.D. Steering , it only shows compatible for 1991-2001 XJ ? I have looked at a couple other jeeps and it looks like all the geometry is the same does anyone know if it will work ?(I'm trying not to spend $500+ on steering links)

1989 limited 6.5 long arm on 32s

I've been looking at the crown H.D. Steering , it only shows compatible for 1991-2001 XJ ? I have looked at a couple other jeeps and it looks like all the geometry is the same does anyone know if it will work ?(I'm trying not to spend $500+ on steering links)

1989 limited 6.5 long arm on 32s

Run away, run away fast , Crown stuff is total junk!

Back