• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix TCU fuse keeps blowing

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
The 10 amp fuse under the glove box keeps blowing out randomly. Once i put a new one in the trans will shift fine until the next time it decides to blow out. So far i have cleaned the connectors to the trans under the hood and replaced the tcu. Are there any common short areas? What else could cause this. Took it to a friends transmission shop and of course everything checks out fine. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

I have already replaced the tcu. I ordered a solenoid service kit and plan on replacing them this weekend. Hopefully that fixes the problem. I did some reading and alot of people seem to have this issue when the solenoids either go out or are starting to go out. If that isnt the problem im guess ill be chasing a short. I have also read that people have bypassed the fuse and ran a new fused wire from the panel straight to the yellow wire going to the trans to see if the what side the short could be on.

Back