• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RenoFest 2020 - Official Thread

Wait a second. I just saw dinner is Saturday not Sunday. So maybe I’ll show up for dinner. Where are you thinking? Wild garlic/Blind Onion?

No worries! I'll say its TBD right now depending on the trail we run Saturday. There's a usual place in Carson City we've gone to the past couple years, I forget the name of the place or what road its on but I know how to drive there haha I'll let some of the other Reno guys chime in if they remember what place it is.

No worries! I'll say its TBD right now depending on the trail we run Saturday. There's a usual place in Carson City we've gone to the past couple years, I forget the name of the place or what road its on but I know how to drive there haha I'll let some of the other Reno guys chime in if they remember what place it is.

Is it the chain restaurant (Round Table?) by Walmart on the North end of town?
College Parkway (I think) next to, or near, Dickey’s BBQ.

I assume the whole ‘eat food together’ thing is TBD unless we sit in the parking lot 6 feet away.

I just checked the requirements. I have literally everything it says NOT to. 260 u joints, Dana 30 front with no spare shafts, 35 rear, and HOPEFULLY all the ‘broken’ stuff is fixed now. I assume most of that was for Rubicon so no one got stuck or abandoned.

Upgrade your shafts to 760 joints and keep the 260s for your spares. A replacement rear axle should be easy enough to find and swap in before the trip.

X2 on the “have Dana 35, will travel”.

If I make it, I’ll wheel with you and we will get each other out. Maybe one of us will have spare D35 shafts!

I assume the whole ‘eat food together’ thing is TBD unless we sit in the parking lot 6 feet away.

I just checked the requirements. I have literally everything it says NOT to. 260 u joints, Dana 30 front with no spare shafts, 35 rear, and HOPEFULLY all the ‘broken’ stuff is fixed now. I assume most of that was for Rubicon so no one got stuck or abandoned.

swap in some 760 shafts its quick and easy.

As for the 35 rear, 8.25s are usually free or cheap and can be swapped in a few hours...

I would think with your setup you could at least show up to the prison hill run on Friday evening and put put around that should be fine.

I'm suppose to be getting a couple of stock XJ 44s next weekend. Might be posting one or both for sale.

I'm suppose to be getting a couple of stock XJ 44s next weekend. Might be posting one or both for sale.

Bring one with and we can do a parking lot swap.

Upgrade your shafts to 760 joints and keep the 260s for your spares. A replacement rear axle should be easy enough to find and swap in before the trip.

I have a Sterling 10.25 in the garage waiting. No point finding an 8.25 or anything else for one trip.

swap in some 760 shafts its quick and easy.

As for the 35 rear, 8.25s are usually free or cheap and can be swapped in a few hours...

I would think with your setup you could at least show up to the prison hill run on Friday evening and put put around that should be fine.

I somehow made it into Soup Bowl on my first run without my front CAD working so I think it’s okay. Plus the free rear end would need a locker and my current 35 has at least a lock rite.

we have the campsite from Thursday on, so ill probably head up thursday after work

I'm planning to leave the bay area about 8AM to 9AM Thursday which means I should get to camp about 1PM-2PM after fuel and food stops at Jeep speed

Hello Everyone,

As a quick update - all is still on target for the event based on what we know today. Below is a list of who is currently registered.

We need our final count by April 30th for shirts, please let me know if you'll be planning to attend and would like a shirt - even if you can't attend, you can still order a shirt!

As the COVID-19 situation is fluid, for now I'll be sending invoices for all below for shirts which would be non-refundable but when we hear a confirmation at the end of the month from the campsite all is still on, I'll send out separate invoices for camping and dinner.

cj_mike: 1 camp spot, 3 shirts, 3 dinners
Nates2000XJ: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner
Goose_XJ88: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners
Alboy97XJ: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners - Please PM me shirt sizes
GordoSmasho: 2 shirts, 4 dinners
blondejoncherokee: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner
JeepinSeal: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 1 dinner
89Mock: 1 shirt, TBD Dinner

Last edited:

I don't remember where exactly as I'm not familiar with the area but I think it might be a Round Table as they had a separate big room we all ate in last time.

Also, can you please PM me your email address so I can send you a PayPal invoice for the shirt?

Thanks!

One correction to my order Mike. I need 2 meals please.

I am in. I will be doing full weekend camping, dinner, and an XL long-sleeved shirt.

X2 on the “have Dana 35, will travel”.

If I make it, I’ll wheel with you and we will get each other out. Maybe one of us will have spare D35 shafts!

you coming ?

FYI the 30th is the cutoff for the tshirts only. You can register for the event at the event if you are unsure with everything going on.

Back