• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hose clamp

falcon556

NAXJA Forum User
I need the lower radiator hose clamp on the engine side.
I tried to get it from the dealer but he wanted to sell me a worm screw type.
I want the original, the type that you squeeze the the two ends to install it.
Any help locating it will be appreciated.
I don't want to go to the junk yard if I can help it.

Advance auto has them so does NAPA

What's wrong with just using a stainless steel hose clamp that is large enough? I like the ones that can be tightened using a socket myself.

cjcargo said:
What's wrong with just using a stainless steel hose clamp that is large enough? I like the ones that can be tightened using a socket myself.

I like the spring type, besides, it keeps the Jeep original.

cjcargo said:

I like them better. They constantly apply tension and never leak.
Worm screw type have failed me. After the rubber compressed a year or two after installation, they leaked.

falcon556 said:
Just called both of them, they don't have the spring clamp, just the worm screw type.

That's probably because no one uses them any more (even if anyone still makes them) because they are a pain in the... well...you get the idea.

The stainless worm gear type are more reliable (a wider band instead of a sigle piece of spring steel), they don't corrode and I can't imagine that anyone's ride is that "original". The factory put them in because they were cheap, fast and easy to put ON (not to take off). They make the little ones for non-pressure tiny hoses but I think you'll be hard pressed to find them for a radiator hose.

To each his own though, keep searching.

ParadiseXJ said:
That's probably because no one uses them any more (even if anyone still makes them) because they are a pain in the... well...you get the idea.

The stainless worm gear type are more reliable (a wider band instead of a sigle piece of spring steel), they don't corrode and I can't imagine that anyone's ride is that "original". The factory put them in because they were cheap, fast and easy to put ON (not to take off). They make the little ones for non-pressure tiny hoses but I think you'll be hard pressed to find them for a radiator hose.

To each his own though, keep searching.

I have the locking pliers for these clamps and they work well for me.

Back