• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Tard Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
I rarely read our chapters threads since nothing is really ever going on over here. T-shirts, stickers, that's the most I've seen going on over here since I've been on NAXJA almost a year and a half. I check other chapters out from time to time when I have some free time and a lot seems to be going on everywhere else. I guess a dude named "Big Red" used to belong to our chapter and was a nutcase? Don't know, haven't seen his stuff but he PM'd me today asking to be able to post in our chapter. I guess he was a S.C. tard/clown back in the day? Not saying he's the answer but it does pose this question. Who wants to represent our chapter as THE TARD? Who thinks they can live up to such high standards? Do we let this dude go to town on here or does someone want to step up? Let's hold nominations??!!

I think not. I know we are all enjoying a tard free chapter. Its really nice.

Plus we all know Letterman is our "special" tard. Don't even own an XJ.

Not going to go into any details what so ever. Just know you do NOT want a tard around here. I know I am personally enjoying a quite chapter.

okay, just throwing it out there. i found it odd for someone to p.m. me asking to be able to post in our chapter. i have no say, nor do i have any clue who dude is.

Bryan C. said:
So I wonder how many people he sent PMs to?

Oh, and I really don't see this thread lasting very long......
He has to me on this board and Bay Area. :conceited

Scrappy said:
Plus we all know Letterman is our "special" tard. Don't even own an XJ.

Tards being Tards because they don't know they are Tards is really not cool.

Untards being Tards because they are smart enough to pull it off, is, well, entertaining and perfect for our chapter.

cstilesiscool said:
okay, just throwing it out there. i found it odd for someone to p.m. me asking to be able to post in our chapter. i have no say, nor do i have any clue who dude is.

I find it odd too. But then again considering the source of the PM you got......

There are a few of us who have met the guy, and very few who can actually tolerate him. Search is your friend if you are really intersted in what went on in this chapter with him. I for one wasn't very polite or tolerant when it came to dealing with him.

In regards to who doesn't own an XJ, well lets just say that there are many people around NAXJA who at one time owned an XJ and have since sold them. Some are valuable NAXJA members and as far as I am concerned can stay aound here as long as they wish.

Now back to your regularly scheduled tard fest........:laugh2:

I nominate this tard:

img7,266_20,346.jpg

more here:

http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthamerica/en/bikes/family.jhtml?family=582

...I miss my Monster :(

Ducati's are bad a$$. I rode a monster one time it was sweet. My Ninja never felt right to me afterwards. I wish I was able to ride again. Maybe after a few more surgeries they'll get something right. I did my research on a certain individual and see what you meant. We don't need that kind of tard on here. I think if anything it should be someone like from the "Ringer"...... my name's Johnny, I like apples......

I almost miss him, then I think about some of his posts that were a over a page long, totaly off topic and took a thread off subject so far that it could never be saved. I think he might have ment well, but some were just spreading some really bad information . . .
I have wheeled with him a few times, and he was not too bad in person, but I think we talked for a total of 4 minutes.

Now it seems like most want to call me the "tard" and I try to stir it up some, but thanks to all that understand me, and even try to stick up for me.

For the few that were not here for the war he and I had, it got ugly, I even heard I was on a time out for 2 days (I was wheeling so I don't know if it was true or not) he was asked again and again by most everyone to tone it down, back off some, and near the end to stop posting, but he could not.

This thread about him is not right, he is not here to be able to defend himself and has moved out of california because of us, but here is one of his insites, just one of his many deleted posts:

I'm looking to run 33's on my 98' 2 dr with 4.88 gears. This is my daily driver and my bro is going from 30/9" locked with 4.88 gears to HP44/9" like my 91' so I can buy his axles. I don't like the stock 3.07 gears and 235 tires on my 98' dd, so I want the locked and loaded 30/9" and I want to keep the price down because this is mostly my dd, I have a 91' with HP44/9" full width with 37" MTRs for my wheeler. In the 98' I currently have HP30/29 spline 8.25 with 3.07 gears, the 8.25 has a stock track lock. I'm thinking about going with my bro's TJ low pinion 30 locked and loaded (4.88s and a lockrite and heavy duty steering) and Early Bronco 9" with 31 spline alloy Moser 5 on 4.5 shafts with 4.88 gears and a spool. One more question to add, how is a spool on a manual dd, I know it's in there, but I drove my bro's 91' XJ with 35's that it is currently in and I don't hear it barking the tires that much. I don't know why because it's a matter of physics with locking 2 axle shafts together and then having 1 axle shaft/tire needing to go farther in a arc in a turn (outer tire) than the inner tire? Maybe by not getting on the gas it lessens the forces enough to not audibally being able to hear it much? I don't know, I just remember Filthy Phil's old MJ (dana 44 rear axle with the spool ) barking those tires after we swapped some parts in a parking lot and my wife and I just loved it. Bark those puppies Phil! :)

How much trimming did you need to do to fit 33's with a 3" lift? I currently have a bb with blocks in the back and I think I might just add my full length aal to the rear and get some V8 ZJ coils to add to my 1.75" spacers up front. Then I plan to cut like crazy and run 4 rear TJ flares. I have a 2 door XJ so that should help a lot in the cutting dept since I don't have a rear door to worry about. I was just trying to get feedback on the 33's and 3". I really want 33x12.50's because I like the height and width. I think just the fact that I have a 2 dr, I could get away with 12.50 wide tires because I should be able to trim a bit more than a 4 dr model. Also with the 4.88 gears, I think the wider tire would eat up the low 4.88 gears better.

Are RPMs mostly controlled (kept to a reasonable level if you are shooting for power and gas mileage by mainly just the tire height, or does the width also have a decent amount of play here)? I'd think the wider tire would suck up some of the gearing. I have a little dilema becuase I want the 4.88 geared axles, but I want to keep on a budget so I'd want up to a 33" tire with 3-4" so I don't need SYE (I don't mind doing a drop t-case and yoke extender if needed and bump stops).

I've run a 3" lift on my 1st XJ my 89' 2 door with 30x9.50 tires and liked the look and also I didn't open up a can of worms and need to regear, do after market CAs, SYE, etc etc.

With 4.88 gears, I think I need 33's to keep the RPMs down. I did a calc and I figure around 2,500 RPMs with a 33" tire at 65 MPH with my AX15 5 speed. I think this is decent for MPG and power. Right now with the 3.07 gears and 235 metric tires I do about 65 just under 2K RPMS. Would my MPG get really bad with my planned 33's and 4.88 gears and keeping LCG at 3" lift?

I know Crash has an excellect gear thread, as well as axle threads, but my part is 2 fold. How do 4.88s play with 33's in regards to power and MPG and how much trimming to fit 33's with 2-3" lift? With this small of a lift would you run 33x10.50 tires on the stock rims? That's another slight niche being able to run those nice looking Ecco rims with a 10.50 tire over needing to get 3-4" back spaced rims to space out the 33x12.50s. Keeping to a budget I'm also looking seriously into retread tires or someone selling 33x10.50 tires because they don't like the thin look and want the fatter 33x12.50.

Decision Decisions. :laugh3:

I knew I couldn't contain myself after selling my dd Grand Cherokees. XJs are just too fun to leave alone, stock is so boring!!!

Troy

Now did you have fun reading that? If you bring him back and I will go to other places to post and stop posting here! And maybe for NAXJA that is a good thing?

.!. :D .!.

Capt. Nemo said:
Tards being Tards because they don't know they are Tards is really not cool.

Untards being Tards because they are smart enough to pull it off, is, well, entertaining and perfect for our chapter.

I with ya on that...

The chapter is nice and quiet for now but we do need some intelectual activity around here more than what I'm seeing...

I see a new post come up once every other day... where as other chapters are getting like 10+ that the whole chapter is in on.
Any way we can work on getting like them?

selarep said:
I see a new post come up once every other day... where as other chapters are getting like 10+ that the whole chapter is in on.
Any way we can work on getting like them?

Change your gender.

The real men hang out here.

Capt. Nemo said:
Change your gender.

The real men hang out here.

Wow, you got it man.
I'll jump right on that for just you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back