• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nominations for Sierra Chapter BOD positions

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
As previously announced we have two positions that need to be filled:

Vice President
Treasurer/Secretary

These positions will fulfill the remaining term that expires on 12/31/13.

Nominations for these positions are now being accepted and may be made until 1/17/13 (two week period per By-Laws).

Election will begin on 1/17/13 and will be open for one week after which the elected persons will take office immediately.

You may post your nominations in this thread so that they may be seconded by another member. If you are nominating someone other than yourself, make sure that you have contacted that person and they are willing to be nominated.

Requirements to hold office:

By-Laws said:
A minimum of one year as a Member shall be required before election to an office can be made.
A request has been made to waive the required minimum time frame of membership. I believe waiving the 'one year' time frame is in the best interest of our chapter and therefore will not be required. Membership is still a requirement. This means you must be a paying member (red name) and you must maintain member status through the duration of the term.

If you oppose the above change in requirement please let me know via PM or in another thread.

I nominate Jonathon "blondejoncherokee" Larson for BOTH Sierra Chapter Vice President and Sierra Chapter Treasurer!

I know that he would be great in either position, so let's see which motion gets seconded and if both do, Jon can choose which nomination to accept. Sound good?
cheers.gif

Billy

I nominate Jonathon "blondejoncherokee" Larson for BOTH Sierra Chapter Vice President and Sierra Chapter Treasurer!

I know that he would be great in either position, so let's see which motion gets seconded and if both do, Jon can choose which nomination to accept. Sound good?
cheers.gif

Billy

I second Jon for Treasurer.

can i just do both ? it would make it really easy for me to coordinate with the treasurer then ?

I kid I kid

Realistically you can only run for and hold one position. Pick the one you would be interestd in, and then decline the other.

Thanks Jon for your support.

ill take the treasurer nomination and I nominate Josh Jenson (xjenson) for VP !

Nobody else is interested in taking leadership in the club? Elections start a week from tomorrow.

Back