• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Update front window swap into a pre-update

junglejuice

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I have a 1995 Xj sport with electric windows and would like to find out what is involved in swapping in some front windows out of an update xj also with electric windows.
Has anybody got any info on this?
I would prefer to use my current doors but if need be I can get hold of the update doors but would require painting, I also want to use my current interior.
Basically I just want rid of the quarter glass with chinging the least amount of gear as possible....

Any thoughts?

Cheers, JJ

I've never known anyone to try it, but sounds like more work than its worth IMO. I say that because im sure they wont just "change out", i'd personally just have the new doors painted, just remember you have to change the latches over as well.. And as far as the old door trim fitting, no clue.

think you may have to do the door swap
im not so sure that the assembly in the newer XJ doors will work
the window might not be the right shape

i just replied in the duplicate thread for this in OEM tech

i think the door swap would be easier than trying to swap in the windows that may not even match up to the older doors.
plus side with doing the swap you get better side mirrors

Back