• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC's Redbird Cleanup - Mark Your Calendars!

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
As most of of know, the MWC adopted Trail 21 at Redbird. Part of the adoption requires us to maintain the trail at least twice a year. Last year's cleanup resulted in a lot of work done clearing brush and reinforcing a loose bank. The DNR and Redbird Foundation sincerely appreciate all of the hard work put forth to make Redbird SRA the best park it can be.

This year's 1st cleanup will be Saturday May 30th.

The day's events will run as close to this as we can:

9AM meet inside the gate at the back shelter house.
10:00 -> lunch; cleanup on Trail 21.
Lunch -> 5PM; wheel whatever you want.
After 5 - gather at Wampler Lake CG for cookout/fire.

NOTE: Redbird is on EST

Everyone that is going to attend and work on the trail will need to sign in at the gate as a volunteer. This will earn your free admission for the day. If you want to come and wheel, but not work the trail, you will need to pay the admission. There should be plenty of time after cleanup to wheel, so don't think it's going to be all work and no play.

Camping is available at both Shakamak State Park and Greene-Sullivan State Forest. GSSF is primitive only, but is traditionally where we hang out after a Redbird run. Shakamak has full hookups for those with mo-bile homes, but I recommend reservations.

For more information, please post here or PM me. If you plan on going, do the same.

Thanks!

Redbird: www.redbirdsra.com
GSSF: http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4821.htm
Shakamak: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2969.htm

Thanks for posting that up for me Byron! :thumbup:

Damn it! I already have concert tickets bought for Rockfest that same weekend.

Right on Byron. Looks like i will be missing the Badlands run so i'll try to get to redbird. :D

Damn it! I already have concert tickets bought for Rockfest that same weekend.

If you put music before the MWC.....well.........we need to find a new nacho cheese guy.:D

well, when you put it that way...I'll think about it :D

Members....

This is YOUR chance.

If you were not there for the last clean-up, you need to be there for this one.

None of us mind doing this, but it would be nice to see more then the usual group.

This trail is the MWC responsability....not mama NAXJA....US!

The trail is signed with our chapter logo, it is up to all of us to maintian it.

Rev

SPA0363.jpg

Are they gonna let us get rid of the "tree of doom"? :D

Members....

This is YOUR chance.

If you were not there for the last clean-up, you need to be there for this one.

None of us mind doing this, but it would be nice to see more then the usual group.

This trail is the MWC responsability....not mama NAXJA....US!

The trail is signed with our chapter logo, it is up to all of us to maintian it.

Rev

Rev

I hear ya and I will do what I can to be there. This is Sports time frame and I got Tee-ball and soccer. Same reason I can no longer make this next badlands trip. If I have nothing that weekend I will be there.

XJ Stryker

I don't know yet. I am going to meet with the property managers between now and then to find out what we can or cannot do. I will report back what I find out.
Cool! I Hope they let us take out that thing. I am really gonna try to make it down to redbird. I should finally have the Coils on the front and i'll be ready for a shakedown run!:yelclap:

That sign has two MWC decals on it now. Rev and I put them on there. I thought I had a pic of it with the MWC decals but I can't seem to find it.

Planning on making it this time.

Wussed out last time because all we had to wheel was the WJ, and rain + WJ + Redbird= a very nervous daniel. Now that his wife Amber is hooked on wheeling, it shouldn't be too hard to peer pressure him into showing up as well.

Either I will or will not be there... Still havnt found work, not even for the summer... Plus my sis is getting married and I think theres some sorta family thing for that...

P.S. I'm still telling you that there was a "lightening strike" and the death tree had to be cut down so it wasn't a danger.... :p

Well Heck... Will have to miss another one. Taking my wife to the Kenny Chesney concert in Louisville ,Ky. Tickets already purchased and motel room waiting.

Hope to make the next one.

Nick

Taking my wife ........motel room waiting.

Yeah, I don't blame you.
I like different scenery every once in a while myself.
Enjoy.
;)

Back