• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird Cleanup Weekend March 21-22

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Redbird will be holding a cleanup weekend March 21-22 for any clubs that would like to do some trail work before the official opening.

If anyone is interested, please post or PM me and I can notify the proper people you will be attending. MWC's trail is Trail 21 and honestly I haven't been there since New Year's Day so I don't know what it may or may not need. If nothing else, trash pickup throughout the park would be appreciated.

This isn't a wheeling weekend, but a working weekend. A bit of wheeling will be done while working on the trails, but if all you're wanting to do is wheel, please wait until opening day, which should be the next weekend.

Again, March 21-22 will be a cleanup weekend for Redbird, please post or PM if you are interested in attending.

Thanks!!

Since the DNR is now officially managing the property, I'll have to check and see if major tree removal is allowed. Since that tree is potentially dangerous, I doubt it will be a problem, but let me find out.

I don't think i can make it down for that. I hope they let you guys get rid of the devil tree! :D

will there be 20 people that promise to bring a chain saw and then the one guy that doesn't say he's bringing one will be the only one to bring one...

mac 'even if i didn't know how to use it while sober' gyvr

i gues i could go cause im like ten minutes from redbird... :spin1: ill try to b there. ill letcha kno if i cant do it... and ill bring the ol mans chainsaw if needed...
hey byron when is vu spring break?

Very doubtful I'll make it.:mad:

Would love to, but thats the last 2 days of my spring break.... Plus after WF dont htink i'll have any money to go that far....

Those that think they may go, please PM me by Saturday night. We have a RMG meeting Sunday and I'll present that info to the board.

Bump. I know we just had Winterfest so most won't be able to attend.

Just wanted to put it back out there in case anyone can help out.

I won't make this trip. We do need to do another clean up sometime this spring/early summer.

So, everyone keep that in mind! We should probably set a date for a MWC cleanup. I'm open for suggestions.

Anyone up for sometime in May? haha.... It's only an hour and a half further away from me that Badlands.... Is there anything "Green rated"?.... o_O

I like May.....especially mid May...... like the span of the 15-25....... :)

Think of it more as a wheel and clean run. We wheel just like we did at WF, but we stop and pick up/clean up every so often. We had a good time the last go-around. After we make it all the way through Trail 21, we're free to do whatever we want. It shouldn't be as bad this next time because we did most of the major stuff last time. If we're allowed, there's a couple of trees that have MWC written all over them. Other than that, it should be a pretty easy day as far as clean-up goes.

Back